2023 Midwifery Graduate Programme - Auckland DHB at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Calling all graduating midwives sitting the National Exam within the next 8 months. We want you!
- We offer unique and varied experiences with a range of future career options that you won’t find anywhere else in New Zealand
- Look no further!
We are one of the largest maternity units in Australasia, providing primary, secondary and tertiary care to approximately 6500 women each year. The graduate midwifery experience we offer is unique, extensive and provides comprehensive rotations across a range of services which will enhance your future career prospects as a midwife.
You will be based at Auckland City Hospital and gain midwifery experience across the following clinical areas:
- Labour and Birthing Suite
- Women’s Assessment Unit
- Antenatal and Postnatal Wards
By being part of OUR Graduate Midwifery Programme you will consolidate your clinical skills as well as access great learning opportunities in a supportive environment. We are offering unique preceptor and midwifery educator support for each midwifery graduate, tailoring learning experiences to your needs.
Auckland DHB has a strong focus on providing YOU with a quality first year, followed by on-going, permanent employment across a range of areas.
- Click here for the Graduate Midwife Position Description
- Relocation assistance is available for Midwifery Graduates who are located outside of Auckland
Proposed Start: To be negotiated with the successful candidates due to the interruption of standard exam dates due to Covid-19 issues.
Important Information for your application:
- Answer the pre-screening questions and attach the following to ensure your application is considered:
- A cover letter and a copy of your CV (as an attached document) including the contact details of two referees. Either one being the LMC of your last placement and the other from your tertiary institute or school of midwifery or one being the LMC of your last placement and the other from a previous employer or DHB midwife familiar with your practice.
- A copy of your academic transcript to date. Attach this to the end of your CV document in a scanned format or ‘copy and paste’ details from your university student portal into a Word Document. If you choose to scan this document please save it into a JPEG File.
To apply: Please click ‘Apply’ below or visit http://www.careers.adhb.govt.nz/ and search job number: AUC12363
For further queries, or a discussion about the application process, please contact Maylaine Cerna , Recruitment Consultant MaylaineC@adhb.govt.nz.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.