Anaesthetic Technician, Paediatric Theatres, Starship Child Health at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Anaesthetic Technicians for our Paediatric Operating Theatres, Starship Child Health, Auckland DHB
Here is a great opportunity for experienced Anaesthetic Technicians to make a difference to our Tamariki and Whanau
- New Zealand’s premier children’s hospital
- Full time and part time roles available
- Fun, Friendly and professional perioperative team
Starship Child Health is a dedicated paediatric healthcare service and major teaching centre, providing family centred care to neonates, children and young people throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific. Starship is a part of Auckland DHB and is the only comprehensive children’s hospital in New Zealand serving a population of approximately 1 million children. Auckland DHB is NZ’s largest public tertiary hospital which has strong ties with University of Auckland and provides extensive teaching and training opportunities.
Our Paediatric Operating Theatres at Starship Child Health provides Acute Emergency/Trauma and Elective surgical procedures in the paediatric specialties of General, Thoracic, Urology, Endoscopy, Oncology, ORL, head and Neck, Dental, Spinal, Orthopaedics, Cardiac and Plastics. Our Anaesthetic technicians also provide paediatric anaesthesia support to children undergoing procedures in Radiology, CT, MRI, CIR, Radiotherapy and Angio
We are committed to delivering Whanau-centred care that focuses on the needs of the child first and values whanau as an important member of the care team. We seek to lead New Zealand in perioperative paediatric service delivery and through the building of our reputation as a national centre of excellence in paediatrics.
What we can offer you:
- A unique and rewarding work environment that provides a high level of job satisfaction and is always interesting
- An opportunity to grow both as a person and as a professional while working with a very friendly team
- Comprehensive and well-structured orientation programme with good clinical support from a preceptor to help you achieve the familiarisation and orientation competencies for your area
- Continuing Professional Development entitlement
- Educational support to achieve the Professional Development and Recognition Programme and financial recognition of anaesthetic technicians as per nationally-agreed multi-employer collective agreements
- A structured process of performance evaluation
As the ideal candidate for this role you will:
- be an Anaesthetic Technician/ODP/Anaesthetic Nurse and will either have or be eligible for registration with the Medical Sciences Council of New Zealand
- experience as an Anaesthetic Technician/ODP/Anaesthetic Nurse
- have a strong commitment to quality perioperative care
- be capable of working within a multi –disciplinary Theatre team.
- have well-developed communication, critical thinking skills and a commitment to family centred care
- have a passion for paediatric perioperative nursing
- have a positive attitude, an innovative and adaptable approach to practice
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
For further information please contact the OR Manager, Ngaire Murray 0211951993 or email@example.com
To apply, please click on the link below and submit your application online attaching your latest CV and cover letter outlining your motivation for this role. For more information or for help with your online application, please our Recruitment Consultant, Honey Pilliai HPillia@adhb.govt.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.