Care Manager / Kaiatawhai (RN) Te Waka Hauora at Nelson Marlborough Health (Nelson/Blenheim), Tasman Community
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Māori Health and Vulnerable Populations
Nelson/Tasman Adult Community Mental Health
Permanent full-time position working across the Nelson/Tasman region
- Commitment to Māori health and vulnerable populations
- Facilitate a recovery approach with tangata whaiora and whānau
- Join a great team making a real difference
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
Nelson Marlborough Health s (NMH s) GM Māori Health and Vulnerable Populations is building a centre of excellence supporting Māori Health and vulnerable populations in the Top of the South Island. This role has been designed for a NZ Registered Nurse who is confident and competent in delivering services within a te ao Māori framework for tangata whaiora and their whānau.
You will be joining a progressive, innovative and creative whānau/team implementing and participating in the future development for Māori and Māori mental health services.
The role has been designed for an experienced registered nurse with the skills and experience to:
- Case manage and advocate for tangata whaiora and whānau within the adult mental health service.
- Participate in clinical team processes e.g. contribute to assessment, care and treatment planning including offering cultural assessment, advice and guidance.
- Liaise with tangata whaiora, whānau and support kaimahi in implementing management / treatment plans.
- Develop and maintain robust Māori health networks locally, regionally and nationally.
- Facilitate early referral to Māori community support providers.
- Proactive promotion of taha Māori within mainstream service.
- Support education of mental health staff on tikanga Māori and cultural safety in practice.
- Provide cultural expertise for Māori in service planning and development.
This is a permanent full-time position, working 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday, between the hours of 0700 1800.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
We are keen to hear from applicants who have:
- At least two years post registration experience working in mental health, with strong assessment and risk management skills.
- Sound knowledge and work experience with tangata whaiora.
- Knowledge and understanding of current mental health legislation.
- Knowledge of te reo Māori me ona tikanga.
- Experience working with a range of assessment tools and therapeutic interventions with people experiencing mental illness.
- The ability to apply clinical skills in a flexible, innovative, adaptable and autonomous manner.
- Experience of interagency co-operation and collaboration and awareness of agency boundaries.
For the health and safety of both staff and patients, and in line with the Health Order, all NMH staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Nelson Marlborough Health is the main health provider for Te Tau Ihu, the top of the south. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are Nelson and Marlborough s largest employer, which means the opportunities here are endless. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
Our team prides itself on our all for one, one for all ethos. You will feel included, consulted and supported in our team. We work hard, we do a fantastic job and we enjoy doing it. Most importantly we achieve more by doing it together!!
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 546 1274.
For role specific information please contact either Ditre Tamatea, Director of Māori Health and Vulnerable Populations at Ditre.Tamatea@nmdhb.govt.nz, or Lewis Boyles, Senior Nurse Lead (Care Managers) at Lewis.Boyles@nmdhb.govt.nz or on M. 027 705 0999.
Keen to apply now, it s easy. Please fill in our online application form and include a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position.
Applications close: Open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as received
Nelson Marlborough Health strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Nelson Marlborough Health (Nelson/Blenheim)|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.