Clinical Psychologist at West Coast District Health Board (Greymouth/Westport), Greymouth
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent full-time roles available, based in Greymouth
- Roles available in adult mental health service and child & adolescent mental health service
- Varied positions working across both inpatient and outpatient settings
- NZ registered clinician (or eligible for NZ registration) is essential
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you ll do with your time
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Specialist clinical assessment, diagnostics and treatment of clients;
- Utilising specialist psychological interviewing, diagnostic, behavioural and psychometric assessment where appropriate;
- The design and implementation of interventions and risk analysis for individuals, groups or systems;
- Contributing to the continued education of the MH&A team as well as the training of Clinical Psychology students where required;
We are looking for skilled clinical psychologists to join our mental health service based in Greymouth. We have role s available in both our Adult Mental Health team & Child and Adolescent Mental health team. You will be provided with clinical supervision as well as a dedicated yearly CPD allowance
These are diverse roles where you will be complting a vaariet of work including the contributing to the continued education of the MH&A team as well as the training of Clinical Psychology students where required as well as liaising and consulting with external agencies such as NGOs and other medical professionals within the wider specialist mental health & addiction team.
We are looking for someone with the following traits
- Registration with the NZ Psychologist s Board with current Annual Practicing Certificate (or eligibility to obtain/register) is essential;
- The ability to conduct formal clinical Risk Assessments;
- Previous experience within a mental health service along with the completion of a recognised supervision training programme is advantageous;
- As some travel may be required, a valid driver s license is essential.
What we are about
We are unique and like no other area in New Zealand, with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development.
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
What s Next
If this role does not match your skills please visit our careers website for more opportunities within our organisation.
Apply online, or contact us on email@example.com
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||West Coast District Health Board (Greymouth/Westport)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.