Registered Mental Health Nurse - Crisis Resolution Service at Capital & Coast District Health Board (Wellington), Wellington Hospital
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko me te Karu o Te Ika
Location: Based at Kenepuru working across Wellington, Hutt Valley and Kapiti Region
Service: Mental Health Nurse Crisis Resolution Service
Contract: Permanent Full time part time opportunities available
Rostered and rotating 4 on and 2 off roster covering 24 hrs 7 days a week
Kōrero mō te tūranga About the role
The Crisis Resolution Service is a community mobile team that focuses on providing services to those who are have urgent mental health needs. CRS are a busy team with bases in Wellington, Kenepuru and Lower Hutt, providing assessment and treatment options for persons of all ages who require a crisis intervention, home based treatment, giving DAO advice re the Mental Health Act along with a variety of other interesting duties.
Mō tō mātou rōpū About our team
We are a frontline service and work closely with Emergency departments and Police, social services, GP s and tertiary education providers The service response to people in urgent situations and seeks to resolve crises by supporting people in the least restrictive environment.
The team is Multi-Disciplinary comprising of Nurses, Doctors, social workers and Occupational Therapists
Moū About you
- Are you ready for a change?
- Want to make difference?
- Are you a dynamic experienced Registered Nurse looking for a challenge?
- Do you want to work in a team where no two days are the same?
Look no further, we are seeking experienced registered nurses who have:
- Post registration/education/learning and at least 2 years experience in acute mental health teams
- Registered with New Zealand Nursing Council
- Meet police vetting requirements
- Have a current practising certificate
- Full NZ driving license
- A commitment to team work with an ability to participate effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Able to provide a high standard of care to our clients
- A good sense of humour
What we offer to you:
- The opportunity to work in a diverse and supportive team.
- Through our values here at MHAIDs, we are proud of our teams diversity, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve with best outcomes for the clients and the local communities in which we operative and serve
- A genuine commitment to flexible working arrangements
- A great orientation package
- Opportunities for ongoing training
- Duly Officer Training within 6 months
- A great team of clinician s to work with
If you are an overseas nurse interested in moving to NZ, the process involves:
- Contact the Nursing Council of NZ and Immigration NZ
- Ask us about how we support you and your family moving
E pā ana ki a tatou About us
Here at the 2DHBs (Capital & Coast District Health Board and Hutt Valley District Health Boards) we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
The 2DHBs are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
Please note we will be reviewing applications when received and will progress through the recruitment process
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
2DHB requires ALL its employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. To comply with the recent health order, applicants must have had their first dose AND their second dose no later than 1 January 2022.
We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Capital & Coast District Health Board (Wellington)|
|Position type:||Permanent,Full Time,Part Time,Fixed Term|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.