Social Worker - Adult Inpatient Mental Health at Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: Henry Rongomau Bennett Centre, Waikato Hospital
The details: Permanent – 80 hours per fortnight
Join our dynamic inpatient team, working with adults experiencing mental health difficulties and complex needs.
About our service:
The mental health and addictions service deliver a variety of services across the Waikato region. We are a service undertaking a huge programme of change to deliver better outcomes to tāngata whai ora and whānau in our region. Nga iwi Ngakaunui - people at the heart is demonstrated best in mental health and addictions, people really are at the heart of all that we do. We know how important strong relationships are; with people who access our services, with their whānau and with the communities we serve.
About the role:
As a member of the multidisciplinary team, you will work in partnership to support service users/tangata whaiora to achieve their maximum mental health potential.
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled social worker to apply their skills, knowledge and understanding to a varied caseload; coordinating care and providing therapeutic interventions, solutions and advocacy to identified psycho-social needs.
What we need from you:
• the ability to work effectively with service users and whanau/social network, utilising recovery and strength-based approach
• demonstrated skills in comprehensive mental health assessment and risk management
• demonstrated skills in effective documentation of clinical assessments and interventions, including formulation
• a strong recovery focus and a sensitivity to cultural aspects of mental health and the ability to apply the Treaty of Waitangi principles into practice
• be highly organised, self-motivated and able to work autonomously work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• can work as part of a multi-disciplinary team; providing a high quality service to service users/ tangata whaiora
Required skills & experience:
• post-graduate experience in a mental health setting
• registration with the Social Workers Board of New Zealand
• hold a current full drivers licence.
Please click here to view the position description.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email.
For any queries about the role please contact Robyn.Payne@waikatodhb.health.nz
Application closing date: 28 November 2021
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.