Communicable Disease Nurse at Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera), Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
1 FTE (80hours per fortnight)
Temporary Position for 12 months
- Are you seeking a senior specialist nursing role supporting change in an adaptive healthcare environment.
To provide specialist nursing leadership and direction for the communicable disease service of the Public Health Unit, with a focus on infection prevention and control including COVID-19.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Provide leadership and direction for the staff within the unit.
- Ensure optimum service delivery, and efficient and effective use of resources.
- Strive to eliminate health inequalities and achieve health equity for the Taranaki population.
The candidate will have:
- New Zealand Registered Nurse with a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- Up-to-date Nursing Portfolio at Expert level (or commitment to working towards within six months of appointment)
- Masters Degree or PG Diploma and working towards Masters completion
- Public Health qualification
- Minimum of three years post registration Public Health communicable disease experience
- Established networks and in-depth knowledge of health equity
- Knowledge of Communicable Disease and Public Health Management of Communicable Disease
- Proven experience in managing and prioritising own workload in the context of multiple competing priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of cultural needs and Māori models of health with an ability to apply that understanding in your work
- Knowledge of Te Ao Māori and Taranaki tikanga and Reo
- Sound working knowledge of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Expertise in the area of communicable disease, contact tracing and BCG vaccination
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- High standard of clinical skills
- Education and training/programme development skills
- Illustrates ability to develop programmes to address clinical issues, successfully implements them and evaluates outcomes
- Quality improvement/audit skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft packages including Word and Excel
- Holds a current drivers licence and be able to drive a vehicle
To view the position description
If you are interested in the above position please "Apply Online" from this page.
If you would like further information about this position, please contact Nicky Simmons on 06 753 7798 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application close on 31st January 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera)|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.