Safety & Wellbeing Advisor - Hazardous Substances Management at Hawke's Bay District Health Board (Hastings/Napier), Hawkes Bay
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi. Engari, he toa takitini.
Success is not the work of one, but the work of many.
80 hours per fortnight (1.0FTE)
Hawke’s Bay District Health Board is the region’s largest employer and is deeply connected to the Communities’ Health and Wellbeing and are seeking an experienced Safety & Wellbeing Advisor – Hazardous Substances Management, to join the Team, based in Hastings.
The purpose of this position is to:
- Actively support the management of hazardous substances across the DHB sites
- Carry out health and safety advisory duties which include provision of technical advice about the receipting, storage, transportation, use and disposal of all hazardous substances used by the DHB
- Develop systems and processes, advise on compliance and best practice, auditing of systems and processes in relation to hazardous substances
- Ensure that staff are trained and competent to respond effectively to emergency hazardous substance events
- Plan and implement all health & environmental monitoring related to staff safety and exposure to hazardous substances
- Provide safety and wellbeing guidance for all construction project work as required with special consideration given to hazardous substances use, transport within the site of, disposal and storage of
- To fit-test N95 respiratory device users as required
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s level chemical engineering (or equivalent)
Workplace H&S diploma/degree (or equivalent)
Health and Safety Certificate NZQA level 6 (or equivalent)
Ability to develop tactics to address gaps in audits
Extensive experience working with chemicals/hazardous substances
This is a great opportunity to assist the Safety and Wellbeing Team and be a part of contributing positively to a large New Zealand community organisation’s culture & development. A competitive salary will be offered.
If this sounds like you, review the Position Profile HERE and apply now!
The Hawke’s Bay DHB in general encourages a workforce that is innovative, eager to learn and enhance their skills and is passionate about caring for our community. As part of our team we will support, encourage and help you to develop your career with us.
We are committed to delivering and living our DHB values of He kauanuanu – Respect, Ākina – Improvement, Rāranga te tira– Teamwork and Tauwhiro – Care. You should be someone who has similar personal values.
We are proud of our team’s diversity. We know the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce helps us achieve the best outcomes for our patients and the communities in which we operate and serve.
As per COVID-19 Public Health Response Amendment Act (No 2) 2021, Hawkes Bay DHB requires ALL its employees to be both fully vaccinated against COVID-19 which now includes boosters. For full details of this mandate, please click HERE.
Failure to meet these requirements will result in your application being rejected.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Hawke's Bay District Health Board (Hastings/Napier)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.