Midwife Clinical Coach, Puawai Aroha Maternity 0.5 FTE at Hauora Tairawhiti (Gisborne), Gisborne
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
MIDWIFE CLINICAL COACH – Puawai Aroha Maternity Unit
0.5 FTE PERMANENT POSITION
Are you or do you have the following Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge and Attributes:
- A Registered Midwife with a minimum 5 years post registration experience in a clinical midwifery leadership position
- Hold a current practising certificate with no conditions on their scope of practice or practising certificate
- Have never been the subject of any adverse finding of any professional disciplinary body
- Demonstrate clinical and cultural competence to a high standard
- Fully engaged in the Midwifery Council Recertification Programme
- Have evidence of continuing education with a postgraduate qualification
- Have a QLP with portfolio assessed and maintained at leadership level and/or be a QLP assessor
- Have completed the NZCOM preceptor or mentor course
- Knowledge and experience of using Trendcare and/or experience as a trendcare champion
- Have an adult education qualification (or working towards now or in near future)
Do you want to work in a team that is recognised nationally for its achievements and great team work?
If you have answered yes to the above then this role may be the perfect fit for you. This is a leadership role and an integral part of the services we provide within the Tairāwhiti district.
The successful candidate will have a mature, positive, proactive and enthusiastic attitude with the skills, knowledge and ability to provide education and coaching. The candidate will have the ability to work independently but also collaboratively with the Midwife Educator and have a high level of facilitation and organisational skills with the ability to demonstrate clinical leadership, and maintain contemporaneous evidence informed practice.
Puawai Aroha Maternity Unit provides primary and secondary care within a collegiate and supportive environment. We have approximately 680 births per year in our culturally rich region. Puawai Aroha Maternity Unit boasts a relaxed atmosphere with five birthing suites and eight ante/postnatal rooms which are well resourced to provide high quality and safe care from our friendly team. We also run an antenatal clinic catering for the needs of pregnant women referred to us for a consultation or transfer of care from the LMC to our secondary care services. We currently have a team of 5 obstetricians and a Neonatal Unit which is attached to our maternity unit. We all work closely together so that we can improve our outcomes for mums and babies and have strong organisational values of Whakarangatira (to enrich), Awhi (to support), Kotahitanga (togetherness) and Aroha (Compassion) and our kaupapa, our vision, is "Whāia te hauora i Roto i te Kotahitanga - A Healthier Tairāwhiti by working together".
In addition, our DHB provides many perks such as discounted gym memberships and purchases at local businesses and shops. Our team organise regular social events which will help you get to know the team and settle into Gisborne and all it has to offer. Our team will support you to transition into your new role.
Relocation support is available and a comprehensive orientation package will be tailored to your needs.
Tairāwhiti provides a work/life balance which other regions in New Zealand envy. With beautiful beaches and landscapes a matter of minutes from work. We have a particularly outgoing team who enjoy nature and what our region has to offer. So you may come for this leadership role but find the additional bonus of the great lifestyle Gisborne has to offer.
To review the job description, click here
For further information about the role, please contact Director of Midwifery Liz Lee Taylor by phone on 0278116275 or by email Liz.LeeTaylor@tdh.org.nz or apply on line.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Hauora Tairawhiti (Gisborne)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.