Speech Language Therapist / Kaiwhakatika Reo Kōrero - ESD at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Hutt Valley, Lower Hutt
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Whatu Ora - Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District
Location: Hutt Valley Hospital
Service: Community Health Service Group
Contract: Permanent, Part time - 0.3 FTE (12 hours per week)
Salary: $68,371 - $77,705 pro rata
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
The Speech Language Therapy team at Hutt Valley Hospital provides intervention for those with disorders of communication and swallowing for all ages across our acute, rehabilitation outpatient and community services.
The Early Supported Discharge (ESD) team is expanding and will now be supporting whānau by bringing people home earlier following a stroke. Our ESD service is embedded in Te Herenga Tangata, our Older Persons, Rehabilitation and Allied Health community team.
The ESD SLT Clinician will work integrally within the MDT of ESD team, enhancing health outcomes for patients and whanau by providing care and advice following stroke. The role will include:
- Independent management of their own caseload across both outpatient and community settings.
- Applying knowledge, skills and clinical reasoning for both communication and dysphagia needs.
- Liaison with key stakeholders in the patient - s environment.
- Coordination, facilitation and modelling high quality professional and interdisciplinary practice.
- Provision of clinical teaching to patients, families/whaanau, students, staff and other health professionals.
- Contributing to specialist advice and input into the planning and development of services to meet the future needs of the District and the population served.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
We offer a supportive workplace culture with a commitment to your on-going professional development. This includes a comprehensive orientation programme, training and study opportunities, and peer support.
Staff benefits include discounts from many companies throughout the region, and use of our onsite gym.
Moū - About you
Our ideal candidate is a consummate Team player with highly developed oral and written communication skills, critical thinking and analytical skills, clinical judgement and decision making skills.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- NZSTA Annual Practising Certificate
- Registered member of the NZSTA
- Qualification with an NZSTA accredited speech language therapy program (BSc. SLT / MSLTPrac)
- Minimum of 2 years clinical practice
- Clinical experience within the area of specialty, i.e experience with assessment, management and rehabilitation of dysphagia and acquired communication disorders.
- Experience working within the medical setting
- Experience undertaking videofluroscopy (is desirable)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet resources and e-mail
- A high standard of written and spoken English
- Current full NZ drivers licence
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email email@example.com and indicate the job title and vacancy number (1115291A-21) in the subject line.
Your safety and that of our patients is important to us. It is our expectation that you will be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, having received two doses of an approved COVID 19 vaccination.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Hutt Valley|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.