ICU Registrar at Hawke's Bay District Health Board (Hastings/Napier), Hawkes Bay
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi. Engari, he toa takitini.
Success is not the work of one, but the work of many.
Full time, permanent positions
6 month or 12 month attachments
There are exciting opportunities for Registrars to join the Hawke’s Bay District Health Board in full time positions. Applications are invited for the position of Intensive Care Registrars for next year commencing in February and/or August 2022. The Intensive Care Unit offer supportive working conditions and are committed to excellent teaching.
The Hawke’s Bay DHB in general encourages a workforce that’s innovative, eager to learn and enhance their skills and is passionate about caring for our community. As part of our team we’ll support, encourage and help you to develop your career with us. Hawke’s Bay Hospital is a 400 bed hospital providing acute and elective care for the Hawke's Bay region. We have strengthening Primary and Community health services and an increasingly integrated approach to health and health care.
We’re committed to delivering and living our DHB values of He kauanuanu – Respect, Ākina – Improvement, Rāranga te tira – Teamwork and Tauwhiro – Care. You should be someone who has similar personal values.
About the Role
- Full-time Intensive Care Registrar Role with 6 month position commencing February 2022 and August 2022.
- Our Intensive Care Unit serves both Intensive Care and High Dependency patients. We are staffed by 8 Intensive Care Consultants, a Clinical Nurse Manager, 5 Associate Clinical Nurse Managers, a Clinical Nurse Educator, 51 Registered Nurses and 12 Intensive Care Registrars.
- We admit both adult and paediatric patients and provide an inter-hospital transport service within Hawke’s Bay and to tertiary referral centres. Registrars undertake flight training as part of their orientation programme.
- While the Unit is not accredited for training, it will be possible for individual CICM train4es toapply for special allowance and accreditation of training time to be approved in 2022 year.
- We provide supportive working conditions at all hours with a team committed to teaching. We have supported CICM candidates through Part 1 and Part 2 examinations as well as examinations in other disciplines and the College research project requirements.
- We welcome enthusiastic and committed Registrars from varied backgrounds including Intensive Care, Emergency Medicine, Medicine, Surgery and Anaesthesia.
Ideal applicants should have at least three years of post graduate clinical experience ie ideally PGY4 but we would accept applications from enthusiastic PGY3's and must have completed a BASIC course prior to commencement.
We’re are proud of our team’s diversity. We know the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce helps us achieve the best outcomes for our patients and the communities in which we operate and serve.
If you’re not already living in Hawke's Bay and making the most of what's on offer, you should know it boasts an enviable lifestyle with great homes, superb schools, a burgeoning economy, and no traffic headaches. Whether you like living by the sea, next to the river, nestled in the hills, in a village community, or an art deco city...Hawke's Bay has it all.
Experience and Eligibility
- Suitable for Resident Medical Officers who will be PGY4+ or above.
- You will have eligibility for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. Information on the process of application for this can be found on their website at http://www.mcnz.org.nz/
- You will need to be a NZ or Australian citizen or resident, or have an appropriate visa to be eligible to live and work in NZ. The Immigration NZ website can be found at https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas
Interested parties are to apply online and should include:
- Up to date CV with cover letter uploaded to your application.
- 3x Reference Request form (one of whom must be your most recent supervisor). Reports must be received by the stated closing date to complete your application. Click here to download the Reference Request Form. References should be uploaded to your application or returned to the Recruitment Consultant, contact details below.
- For a copy of the current run description, please click here
For further information please contact:
Kate Taylor, Recruitment Consultant
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Hawke's Bay District Health Board (Hastings/Napier)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.