Paediatric Registrar at Hawke's Bay District Health Board (Hastings/Napier), Hawkes Bay
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi. Engari, he toa takitini
Success is not the work of one, but the work of many
Fulltime, permanent positions
12 month attachments
There are exciting opportunities for Registrars to join the Hawke’s Bay District Health Board in full time positions. Applications are invited for the position of Paediatric Registrar for the 2022 training year commencing in February and August 2022. The Paediatric Department offers supportive working conditions and is committed to excellent teaching.
The FIVE Paediatric Registrars work as a team with FIVE Senior House Officers, and nine Specialist Consultants. The 10 junior doctors share a combined roster, covering all acute areas including the Children’s Ward, Special Care Baby Unit and Delivery Suite. There are opportunities for the Registrars to gain Outpatient experience. We work with a strong multidisciplinary team. At the start of the run a series of training opportunities ( eg Newborn Life Support, Paediatric topic lectures) is arranged and Senior House Officers are mentored by more senior staff.
The Hawke’s Bay DHB in general encourages a workforce that is innovative, eager to learn, motivated to enhance their skills and passionate about caring for the community. Hawke’s Bay Hospital is a 400 bed hospital providing acute and elective care for the Hawke's Bay region. We have strengthened Primary and Community health services and pursue an increasingly integrated approach to health and health care.
We’re committed to delivering and living our DHB values of He kauanuanu – Respect, Ākina – Improvement, Rāranga te tira – Teamwork and Tauwhiro – Care. You should be someone who has similar personal values.
We’re are proud of our team’s diversity. We know the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce helps us achieve the best outcomes for our patients and the communities in which we operate and serve.
If you’re not already living in Hawke's Bay and making the most of what's on offer, you should know it boasts an enviable lifestyle with great homes, superb schools, a burgeoning economy, and no traffic headaches. Whether you like living by the sea, next to the river, nestled in the hills, in a village community, or an art deco city...Hawke's Bay has it all.
Experience and Eligibility
- Suitable for Resident Medical Officers who will be PGY3+ or above. Previous Paediatric experience is desirable but not essential.
- You will have eligibility for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. Information on the process of application for this can be found on their website at http://www.mcnz.org.nz/
- You will need to be a NZ or Australian citizen or resident, or have an appropriate visa to be eligible to live and work in NZ. The Immigration NZ website can be found at https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas
Interested parties are to apply online and should include:
- Up to date CV with cover letter uploaded to your application.
- 3x Reference Request form (one of whom must be your most recent supervisor). Reports must be received by the stated closing date to complete your application. Click here to download the Reference Request Form. References should be uploaded to your application or returned to the Recruitment Consultant, contact details below.
- For a copy of the current run description, please click here
For further information please contact:
Kate Taylor, Recruitment Consultant
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Hawke's Bay District Health Board (Hastings/Napier)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.