Senior HR Business Partner at Hawke's Bay District Health Board (Hastings/Napier), Hawkes Bay
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi. Engari, he toa takitini.
Success is not the work of one, but the work of many.
80 hours per fortnight (1.0FTE)
The Hawke’s Bay District Health Board is the largest employer in the region, with over 3,700 staff in 500 different roles and the People & Culture Directorate has an opening for an experienced Senior Business Partner within their HR Advisory Team.
Reporting to the HR Operations Manager, some of your duties will include:
- Develop an understanding and awareness of the DHB’s business, your business units and their operating environment, roles / responsibilities and HR requirements
- Work collaboratively to meet the goals of the service in a team-based environment
- Support change management processes including drafting letters and communicating documents to the unions and the whole organisation
- Implement robust processes in relation to remuneration, job evaluation to ensure fair and reasonable remuneration is maintained
- Provide expert advice in relation to complaints, investigations, disciplinary action, restorative processes and mediation
- Identify HR gaps across the organisation and provide advice to fill these gaps
- All policies and processes are implemented in a timely manner – including leave management, collective agreement implementation and talent management processes
To be successful in this role you will need to have the following:
- Tertiary qualification, preferably in Human Resource Management/Industrial Relations
- 10 + years HR Generalist experience
- 2 + years in a Senior HR role
- Experience with collective agreements negotiations
- Proven ability to think broadly and inclusively
- Ability to mediate and negotiate within a complex environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
You will be joining a team of experienced HR professionals who work as a supportive and collaborative team. Your previous Senior HR experience is imperative to the success of this role and having excellent relationship building skills to accompany that knowledge is a must. Our work environment will provide you with opportunities to put into practice a wide range of skills, and you will be part of the team modernising and delivering an inclusive, positive focused culture for our staff.
To view the position profile, please click HERE or to discuss this fantastic opportunity, please call Dave Mann, HR Operations Manager on 027 642 9348.
Applications close: Sunday, 29 May 2022
The Hawke’s Bay DHB in general encourages a workforce that is innovative, eager to learn and enhance their skills and is passionate about caring for our community. As part of our team we will support, encourage and help you to develop your career with us.
We are committed to delivering and living our DHB values of He kauanuanu – Respect, Ākina – Improvement, Rāranga te tira– Teamwork and Tauwhiro – Care. You should be someone who has similar personal values.
We are proud of our team’s diversity. We know the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce helps us achieve the best outcomes for our patients and the communities in which we operate and serve.
As per COVID-19 Public Health Response Amendment Act (No 2) 2021, Hawkes Bay DHB requires ALL its employees to be both fully vaccinated against COVID-19 which now includes boosters. For full details of this mandate, please click HERE.
Failure to meet these requirements will result in your application being rejected.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Hawke's Bay District Health Board (Hastings/Napier)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.