Registered Nurse - PSAID at Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch), Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent and fixed term Registered Nurse positions available - full time or part time.
- Must be registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC and mental health scope of practice.
- Mental health experience, excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to work as part of a supportive team essential.
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Psychiatric Service for Adults with Intellectual Disabilities (PSAID) Inpatient Unit, is an inpatient unit based at Hillmorton Hospital that specialises in the assessment and treatment of people with a dual diagnosis (intellectual disability and mental illness). The multidisciplinary team (MDT) actively involves the person in their care whilst collaborating with their family/whanau. We focus on a person s individual skills and abilities to maintain their independence whilst encouraging them to develop new skills. We utilise a variety of communication techniques to support the person to understand their treatment options and to make decisions. We promote the person to remain engaged with the wider community to maintain their social networks. We advocate a continuum of care, liaising with the community outpatient team, residential providers and caregivers to support successful discharge planning into the community setting.
The Role: Where you fit in
Are you interested in being part of a team that focusses on and supports:
- working with a person and the people in their lives that are important to them
- developing therapeutic rapport, using varied communication techniques
- distinguishing between someone s clinical presentation as being driven by their mental illness/disability/physical illness or other factors
- tailoring recovery orientated plans to meet the person s individual needs
- advocating for a person and identifying and managing vulnerabilities
- provision of education and skill building techniques to support someone to be as independent as possible
- being a team player
- learning new skills and being professionally accountable
- having fun
These positions require a current full NZ driver s license and encompasses shift and weekend work.
There are permanent and fixed term Registered Nurse positions available - full time or part time
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.