Clinical Psychologist / Kaimātai Hinengaro - Youth Forensic (Gisborne) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley, Tairawhiti
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Contract: Permanent Part Time, 28 hour per week 0.7FTE
Service: Te Korowai Whariki
Kōrero mō te tūranga ' About the role
We are looking for a clinical psychologist to work with youth aged 12 to 17 in the Gisborne area, however additional travel to the Hawkes Bay may be required for further assessments, cover work and MDT meetings. Someone who will provide psychological assessments to the youth Court and make recommendations for intervention for young people in the care of Oranga Tamariki and in the community.
Mō tō mātou rōpū ' About our team
Te Korowai Whariki is part of the Mental Health, Addictions and Intellectual Disability Service, 3DHB, which covers the central regions including Wellington, Manawatu, Whanganui, Hawkes Bay, Wairarapa and Tairawhiti regions. There are four specific areas of provision: Courts, Prisons, Inpatient settings and Community. This role is Gisborne based.
In the Prison setting:
- Mental health screening and assessment, case management and treatment
- On release of the person from Prison referring the person to a Community Mental health Service.
In the Court Setting:
- Providing advice, mental state and risk assessment, and recommendation to judiciary.
- Liaising and informal advice to a variety of Criminal Justice agencies including advocates, Police, Probation Services and Corrections staff.
You will utilise your clinical and medico-legal knowledge and skills to provide therapeutic treatment of those persons identified as having or who may have a mental health and addiction problem.
We are a progressive service committed to providing a culture of ongoing professional development for staff through regular clinical supervision, regular in-service training and support towards external education.
Moū ' About you
- Provide psychological assessments to the youth court for youth aged 12-17
- Make recommendations for intervention for young people in the care of Oranga Tamariki and in the community
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to assess and diagnose young people experiencing a range of issues including co-existing mental health and addiction issues
- Develop sound psychological formulations based on thorough assessments
- Consult with other services and provide support for functioning and development of their teams and the organisation as a whole
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of a Master's Degree in Psychology and Post graduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology or equivalent.
- Registration with NZ Psychologist Board, with Clinical Psychology Vocational Scope of Practice
- Experience working with youth in the Forensic and or Mental Health pathways
- Current annual practising certificate
- Full Drivers Licence
E pā ana ki a tatou ' About us
Here at Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job title and vacancy number (AH266-21) in the subject line.
Your safety and that of our patients is important to us. It is our expectation that you will be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, having received two doses of an approved COVID 19 vaccination.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.