Alcohol and Drug Clinician - CADS West at Waitemata District Health Board (North & West Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Community Alcohol and Drug Services (CADS) Auckland are looking for a full time registered AOD clinician to work in our CADS West service based in Henderson
CADS are the largest Alcohol and other Drugs (AOD) service in New Zealand working with over 15000 people each year. CADS provide free community and inpatient AOD treatment from a number of locations across Auckland. CADS are committed to empowering the community to discover healthier use of substances (harm minimisation) and to promote recovery and wellbeing.
This position offers an exciting opportunity for those who like to make a difference by working with individuals and their families and assisting them in reducing and resolving alcohol and drug related problems.
A sense of social justice and enjoying working with people in all their complexity is required. You will have a non-judgemental attitude, excellent engagement and communication skills, and an ability to work autonomously within a team. You will also have:
- Full registration with professional body (dapaanz , nursing, social work, counselling, psychology, occupational therapy or related fields)
- Full, clean drivers licence
- Legal right to work in NZ
- Ability to implement Te Tiriti O Waitangi in your daily work
- Ability to facilitate evening groups
- Clinical experience in addictions or mental health or similar
- Comfortable working in a range of settings including probation, prisons, NGOs
- Comfortable working with other health and social service providers
- Lived experience as a consumer or whanau member
- Experience in group facilitation
- Working for a regional service in the country’s largest DHB provides more opportunity for professional development and career progression
- 10 days sick leave and 4 weeks annual leave
- Competitive salary and paid professional registration as per DHB collective agreement
- Regular supervision and training
At Waitematā DHB we are driven by our values “everyone matters,” “with compassion,” “connected” and “better, best, brilliant.” We are committed to living up to these values to give you the right balance of autonomy, support, development, encouragement and aroha.
Please click here for a copy of the position description.
If you are committed to supporting people in their recovery and have the above skills and experience and wish to apply for this role, please do so through our careers website at www.wdhbcareers.com quoting reference number WDHB11705 or by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button on this page.
For more information on this role please phone Isaac Claffey, Clinical Team Leader, (09) 837 9427. For any recruitment process related queries, please call Glenn Bratton, Recruitment Consultant for Mental Health, on (09) 442 7251.
Closing Date: 15 December 2021
Position Number: WDHB11705
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waitemata District Health Board (North & West Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.