Gynaecology Clinical Nurse Specialist, Maaori (Part-Time, Fixed-Term) Women's Health, CM Health at Counties Manukau District Health Board (South Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Part Time, Fixed Term
At Counties Manukau Health people and their lives matter to us. We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to delivering the best health outcomes for our community. To help us achieve this we need a workforce that reflects the population we serve.
This position will contribute to Counties Manukau Health (CMH) achieving health equity for Maaori by supporting the Gynaecology Multi-Disciplinary team to develop their capacity and capability to respond to the needs of waahine and their whaanau.
This is a key Senior Nurse position that will aid ensure that Counties Manukau Health becomes a leader in the provision of services for waahine and their whaanau.
This will be achieved by:
- Providing Senior Nurse leadership in Gynaecology
- Engaging with Waahine and Maaori Communities to establish priorities for Waahine Maaori for in Gynaecology
- Utilising advanced clinical knowledge and applied reasoning to work in partnership with Waahine and their whanau
- Advocate, champion and proactively support Waahine to access expert and timely care
- Provide a point of contact for Waahine and their whanau and assist navigation of the health care system
- Being cognisant with current issues for Waahine and their health
- utilising their broad skills in particular for smear taking, ad hoc contraception advice in addition to extensive knowledge of pelvic pain and associated gynaecological issues
- Building and maintaining strong external working relationships with Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) Primary Health organisations (PHOs) and Tertiary Education Providers
- Delivering a strong focus on quality improvement that enables innovation and challenges practice
- Optimises research opportunities with tertiary education partners that build a stronger evidence base for effective services to Waahine
- A postgraduate level qualification in nursing
- Senior RN with 5+ years Women’s Health clinical experience
- Comprehensive understanding of hospital and community service needs
- Experience in implementation of service improvements and quality initiatives
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with Maaori stakeholders
- Experience of ensuring clinical governance standards are part of service design, ensuring high quality clinical service and client safety is paramount
- Track record of delivering change
For more information please call Fran Upoko in the Recruitment Centre on (09)259 5007 or apply online at www.countieshealthjobs.com
Applications close: 6 December 2021
Job number: CMH20216475
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Counties Manukau District Health Board (South Auckland)|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.