New Graduate Lead Maternity Carer (LMC) Midwife at South Canterbury District Health Board (Timaru), Primary and Community Services
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
New Graduate Lead Maternity Carer (LMC) Midwife South Canterbury
Permanent Position, commencing February 2022
Are you wanting to start your midwifery career as a Lead Maternity Carer (LMC) midwife but the setup costs and business side puts you off? Are a supportive practice environment and colleagues key factors for you? If yes to both, then our close-knit and supportive group have the package for you.
For you, our package comprises:
- Competitive salary with regular fortnightly pay (0.8 full time equivalent for the first year while undertaking the Midwifery First Year of Practice Programme)
- Capped caseload of 3-4 women each per month for your first year and supernumerary for your first six weeks
- Three self-rostered days off each week during your first year and you cover each other when on days off or on leave
- Paid annual leave, sick leave, professional development leave and Kiwi Saver
- All your equipment provided including laptop, iPad, phone
- Shared work vehicles for visiting women.
We really want to hear from you right now if you are:
- About to register with the Midwifery Council of New Zealand, with no restrictions or endorsements on your practice
- Able to demonstrate understanding of and responsibilities under the principles of the te Tiriti o Waitangi Treaty of Waitangi
- Totally committed to women centred care full continuity of care from early pregnancy through to six weeks after baby is born, including labour and birth secondary care
- Strongly self-motivated, autonomous, have high professional standards and able to work well in a team environment as well manage your own caseload.
Who are Aoraki Midwives? We are a group of passionate and committed midwives who work hard to make a difference and ensure the very best experiences for our women and families. (Check out our website https://www.aorakimidwives.co.nz and Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/AorakiMidwives/)
For further information, please contact Ann Shaw, Practice Manager on 03 6879063 or 022 0325190 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply online at https://scdhb.careercentre.net.nz
Applications close: Open
This job advert may close early once a suitable applicant is found.
As part of our duty of care towards our patients, it is crucial that all patient-facing staff be fully immunised. If you have made it to the later stages of recruitment, you will be expected to produce your immunisation records for infection control purposes.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||South Canterbury District Health Board (Timaru)|
|Location:||Primary and Community Services|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.