Section Head, Histology/Quality Manager, North Shore Hospital at Waitemata District Health Board (North & West Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Anatomical Pathology Services
- Full-time permanent role
- Monday to Friday
Waitematā District Health Board Surgical Pathology Unit provides the histology and cytology services to both North Shore and Waitakere Hospitals as well as providing pathology services to BreastScreen Waitemata Northland and BreastScreen Auckland Central. We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced section head to lead our histology department and have responsibility of the quality management.
Our IANZ accredited, well equipped histology department processes approximately 52,000 specimens from 30,000 patients per year from a wide range of specialities. Our service includes routine histological preparations, special stains, immunohistochemistry and frozen sections.
In this leadership role you will be responsible for all functionality of the histology laboratory, maintain IANZ accreditation and provide professional leadership and mentoring. Your ability to undertake all routine aspects of the histology laboratory independently, along with strong computing skills, are a given.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Current Annual Practising Certificate
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a histology laboratory with excellent scientific and technical knowledge
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a senior/supervisory role
- Ability to manage technical/scientific area including staff rosters and performance, equipment, consumables and quality assurance activities
- Operational knowledge of medical histology laboratory including the application of ISO 15189 standards and good laboratory practice
- Well-developed time management
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexibility to suit service demands
- Previous experience with laboratory based computer systems
- Ability to contribute to quality improvement initiatives within the department
- Ability to support change, be self-motivated and resilient
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of staff
For any questions please contact Dr Reena Ramsaroop, Clinical Director, Surgical Pathology Unit, (09) 443 9075.
To view the position description, please click here .To apply please visit www.wdhbcareers.com and quote reference number WDHB13187. For assistance with your application please contact Elizabeth Loveday, Recruitment Consultant via firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference no: WDHB13187 Closing Date: 2 December 2021
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waitemata District Health Board (North & West Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.