Customer Engagement Specialist - Research and Development Tax Incentive (RDTI) at Callaghan Innovation, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te kāinga iho pūmanawa - A Place Where Talent Wants to Live.
What is it in for you:
- The chance to make a real difference in the innovation journey of our country
- The opportunity to grow and develop your skills as a Customer Engagement Specialist
- Join people who are passionate about New Zealand's future through innovation
About the Role
Callaghan Innovation is partnering with Inland Revenue to deliver the R&D tax incentive, leveraging each agency's strengths and perspectives to deliver a high performing R&D service for New Zealand businesses. Callaghan Innovation brings skills in deep scientific and technological knowledge, and an understanding of commercial R&D programmes.
As the RDTI Customer Engagement Specialist you will work collaboratively with our RDTI customers to provide expertise, education and guidance to enable them to navigate the RDTI framework and application process.
Engagements will include presenting to groups at events as well as working with potential customers in small groups and on a one to one basis.
This role will work as part of the engagement team engaging collaboratively with the wider RDTI core team members that process RDTI applications to ensure they are aligned in understanding the legislative requirements of RDTI and have an understanding of trends in applications to help target the engagement with customers.
Our ideal candidate will have;
- A qualification in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years' experience working in a commercial R&D environment or previous experience supporting clients to commercialise R&D.
- A passion for and a broad range of R&D knowledge to be able to interact with our innovators and entrepreneurs
- The ability to read, interpret and apply technical requirements (such as legislation) in a way that is meaningful to customers.
- Strong public speaker skills, with experience in presenting complex information to a wide range of audiences.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to resolve differences of opinion and bring people together to form an agreed solution.
- Exceptional relationship and customer management skills across a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Proven collaborative approach and are experienced in interaction with both customers and internal expertise.
- An agile and growth mindset , as well as be digitally savvy and open to new technologies
Callaghan Innovation is New Zealand's innovation agency. We activate innovation and help businesses grow faster for a better New Zealand. To do this we partner with ambitious businesses of all sizes, delivering a range of innovation and research and development (R&D) services to suit each stage of their growth. Our staff - including more than 200 of New Zealand's leading scientists and engineers - empower innovators by connecting people, opportunities and networks, and providing tailored technical solutions, skills and capability development programmes, and grants co-funding.
If you have experience in this type of work and are looking for a change or a new opportunity, then please Tono ināianei | Apply Now!
Applications close Sunday 28 November 2021
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Callaghan Innovation provides a healthy and safe environment which encourages inclusiveness, diversity, and collaboration, putting our people at the heart of what we do.
You must have the right to live and work in NZ to apply for this job.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Science and Environment|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||RDTI Customer Engagement Specialist PD.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.