Medical Laboratory Scientist - Histology, North Shore Hospital at Waitemata District Health Board (North & West Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- ANATOMICAL PATHOLOGY SERVICES
- MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST/TECHNICIAN
NORTH SHORE HOSPITAL
Waitematā District Health Board Surgical Pathology Unit provides the histology and cytology services to both North Shore and Waitakere Hospitals. The Unit has a full time permanent 1FTE (40 hours per week) vacancy available for a highly motivated, experienced histology scientist/technician working rostered eight hour shifts between 6am and 6pm, Monday to Friday.
Our IANZ accredited, well equipped histology department processes approximately 52,000 specimens from 30,000 patients per year from a wide range of specialities.
Our service includes routine histological preparations, special stains, immunohistochemistry and frozen sections. Your ability to undertake all routine aspects of the histology laboratory independently, along with strong computing skills, are a given. Experience in cytology specimen preparation would be advantageous.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Previous experience in histology laboratory with excellent scientific and technical knowledge
- Current Annual Practising Certificate
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexibility to suit service demands
- Previous experience with laboratory based computer systems
- Previous experience with document control desirable
- Ability to contribute to quality improvement initiatives within the department
- Ability to support change, be self-motivated and resilient
- Ability to work collaboratively with broad range of staff
- Well-developed time management
To view the position description, please click here. To apply, please visit www.wdhbcareers.com and quote reference number WDHB13250.
For any questions please contact Rachel Petrich, Unit Manager, Surgical Pathology Unit, (09) 441 8910. For recruitment assistance please contact Elizabeth Loveday, Recruitment Consultant via, email@example.com
Reference Number: WDHB13250 Closing Date: 3rd December 2021
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waitemata District Health Board (North & West Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.