Social Worker at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Manawatu - Wanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Our Whanganui site are seeking newly qualified or experienced Social Workers to join us on a permanent basis. Enjoy a rewarding and challenging career that makes a difference, as well as being given the coaching and support to thrive and grow in your role!
- On-going coaching, support, and professional development
- Enhanced annual leave
- Wellness benefits
- Competitive salary up to $102,000
Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children, currently have opportunities for newly qualified or experienced Social Workers to join our Whanganui Site.
In this role you will be part of a supportive team who work closely together and who are passionate about supporting Oranga Tamariki in delivering positive outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi.
You will be a part of something bigger, carrying out meaningful work and making a difference to the lives of our tamariki and their whanau.
Our belief is that in the right environment, with the right people surrounding and nurturing them, any child can and should flourish.
What you will bring | Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu
- A recognised Social Work qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Registration (or able to apply) with New Zealand's Social Worker Registration Board
- Demonstrated resilience, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Upholding the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and demonstrating this in practice
- Having a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- A valid and clean New Zealand's drivers' licence.
What's in it for you | Nōu te rourou
- A competitive salary in line with Oranga Tamariki's remuneration range, between $56,100 - $102,000
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice
- On-going professional development
- Access to corporate health fund discounts and a banking package with Westpac
- Generous benefits package - https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible working options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
For an informal chat around whether Oranga Tamariki and Whanganui is right for you. Please contact Jo Benson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oranga Tamariki is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role.
How to Apply | Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and Cover Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address. For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs. If you have any questions about the role, please contact email@example.com
Applications close on 30 November 2021
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Location:||Manawatu - Wanganui|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Social Worker - Position Description.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.