Cardiothoracic Fellow at Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Fellow - Cardiothoracic Surgery
12 month fixed term
Start Date: Dec 2022
Applications are invited for the position of Fellow, Cardiothoracic Surgery at Waikato Hospital. Waikato Cardiothoracic Surgery Unit performs over 650 open heart procedures a year with an active TAVI, aortic surgery and around 200 thoracic cases with active thoracoscopy services uni and multiportal access
The fellowship provides experience in complex adult cardiac surgery, and includes aortic root and arch surgery, multiple valve replacement and repair, rheumatic heart disease, off pump and arterial revascularisation, thoracic aortic surgery including stenting and hybrid aortic procedures.
We are seeking doctors who have completed their cardiothoracic training and acquired specialty fellowship or its equivalent and who are able to complete routine cardiac procedures independently.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- manage outpatients and inpatients in Cardiothoracic Surgery Department under the supervision of the Cardiothoracic Surgeon
- undertake clinical duties as directed by the Head of Department, Cardiothoracic Surgery
- participate in the on-call SMO roster
- participate in departmental meetings and be involved in teaching and service development
- conduct research and quality improvement projects
Fellows in this program are expected to involve themselves in divisional research activities, and prepare presentations for research events.
If you are an overseas doctor please visit the Medical Council of New Zealand website to ensure that your qualifications meet the criteria for registration to practice medicine in New Zealand. The direct link to the self-assessment page is:
You will need to complete the six questions to ascertain whether or not you are eligible for registration in NZ. If you do not have access to do the self-assessment test on-line you can contact the MCNZ by telephone: +64 4 384 7635.
Interested parties need to apply online with:
- a covering letter
- a detailed curriculum vitae including a summary of your experience in the context of the advertised vacancy, up to date contact details, and the names and contact details of your three referees.
- three references on the attached referee form.
- answers to the questions that address the selection criteria. Answers to these questions are a requirement for assessment against the selection criteria, considered by the panel.
Successful applicants will also be required to complete a:
- police check and
- safety check under the Vulnerable Children Act 2014
For further information, please email David McCormack, email@example.com
Closing date: 04 January 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton)|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.