Clinical Psychologist - Child Development Service at Hawke's Bay District Health Board (Hastings/Napier), Hawkes Bay
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi. Engari, he toa takitini.
Success is not the work of one, but the work of many.
Part time permanent positions available
40 hours per fortnight (0.5FTE)
Are you looking for the next step in your Psychology career?
We’re offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced NZ registered Clinical Psychologists to join our multidisciplinary developmental assessment team (DAP) in the Child Development Service.
This role will see you join a highly supportive team of professionals. The focus of the role is on providing assessment of tamariki to support the diagnosis of neurobehavioral disorders such as ASD and FASD. We are looking for someone who has the passion for clinical assessment and diagnosis of our most vulnerable tamariki. Our ideal candidate will be able to work flexibly and collaboratively with a range of professionals. You will need to have strong communication skills and an ability to work autonomously and within the MDT.
What are the benefits to you?
- The chance to work in an established service that is nationally recognised as delivering best practice.
- Study support and opportunities for formal and informal CPD.
- Professional supervision and mentoring to support career development and growth.
- Feel rewarded working with and as part of an extremely supportive team of health professionals.
- Flexible working arrangements and no on call commitments
The essential requirements for this position are:
- Full driving license with the ability to drive
- Experience administering and interpreting appropriate diagnostic assessment tools e.g WPPSI-IV, WISC-V, WIAT-III (ADOS-2 ideal but not essential)
- Some prior experience in the areas of childhood trauma, and neurodevelopmental disorders such as Autism, ADHD and/or FASD
- Strong report writing and verbal communication skills and excellent organisational skills
You won’t find this opportunity just anywhere, and when you combine this with the chance to live in New Zealand’s own piece of paradise, you have to ask yourself “why work anywhere else”? Take a stroll through the Hawke’s Bay Tourism website and get yourself to Hawke’s Bay!
If you would like more information please contact Val White 06 878 8109 ext. 5857 or 027-580-4831 or email email@example.com
For the Position Profile, please click HERE
The Hawke’s Bay DHB in general encourages a workforce that’s innovative, eager to learn and enhance their skills and is passionate about caring for our community. As part of our team we’ll support, encourage and help you to develop your career with us.
We’re committed to delivering and living our DHB values of He kauanuanu – Respect, Ākina – Improvement, Rāranga te tira – Teamwork and Tauwhiro – Care. You should be someone who has similar personal values.
We’re are proud of our team’s diversity. We know the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce helps us achieve the best outcomes for our patients and the communities in which we operate and serve.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Hawke's Bay District Health Board (Hastings/Napier)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.