Caregiver Recruitment and Support Manager at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Northland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Help improve the quality of practice for tamariki in care
- Full time, Permanent
- Te Tai Tokerau region
Are you an experienced leader with outstanding communication skills? Have you successfully led change and managed high-performing teams? Most importantly, do you have a genuine desire to improve the lives of tamariki and caregivers in your community?
We have an exciting opportunity in our Caregiver Recruitment and Support team for you!
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
As part of our Caregiver Recruitment & Support team, the Manager will lead a regional group of Caregiver centric kaimahi, which consists of Social Workers and Supervisors, as well as associated administrative roles that are situated across the Te Tai Tokerau region.
The role will deliver on National Care Standards, whānau and Te Ao Māori centred practice and will deliver excellent service to caregivers. This will include compliance with relevant legislation and regulations. It is essential that the Manager supports collaboration and engagement with community and iwi partners across Te tai Tokerau.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Key requirements of the role include:
- Full registration with New Zealand's Social Work Registration Board (SWRB) or able to register
- A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
- Experience in leading service delivery operations within a social work service or comparable organisation, with a good working knowledge of social work policies and practice
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular, knowledge of tikanga Maori, and Pacific peoples' culture; demonstrated understanding of / commitment to Treaty of Waitangi
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive in anticipating problems and mitigating potential risks in a structured manner
- Ability to manage financial and people components of service delivery
- Understanding of and commitment to continuous quality improvement
- Full, clean, current driver's licence
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
- Competitive market salary
- A rewarding and challenging role,
- Opportunities to build your relationships and grow your network
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package. Annual remuneration for this position is between $115,990.70 and $140,594.79 dependent on experience, with tenure-based progression steps available above this range. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, and a genuine commitment to wellbeing.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address.
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our kaimahi and the tamariki and whānau we support. We have strict health & safety measures to keep our people safe and as part of this role, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or intend to be prior to starting with us. We may also ask you to undertake COVID-19 tests during your employment.
If you have any questions about role, please contact email@example.com
Applications close: 28th November 2021
Oranga Tamariki is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role. We also support flexible working arrangements.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Caregiver Recruitment and Support Manager (003).pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.