Population Health Advisor (Mokopuna Ora SUDI Prevention and Safe-sleep Coordinator) at Hauora Tairawhiti (Gisborne), Gisborne
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
This isn’t your run of the mill Population Health Advisor role; this is an opportunity to be part of something big!
(Mokopuna Ora – SUDI Prevention and Safe-sleep Coordinator)
- Linking and liaising with the leads from provider services teams such as Tūranga Health, Ngāti Porou Hauora and Hauiti Hauora as well as other health and social services professionals who support the Mokopuna Ora – SUDI Prevention and Safe-sleep services.
- Partnering with other relevant provider services such as STOPPING Smoking Services, Breastfeeding – Lactation Services and the Health Promotion Advisors team of specialists with Population Health
- Manage and maintain a service database which identifies services, support agencies, health professionals, community organisations
- Liaise with and promote the Wahakura Weavers and their work within Tairāwhiti and develop a stock of quality wahakura for distribution to whānau identified via the eligibility criteria
- Link with and regional and national SUDI Prevention services and programmes where required
We are looking for a positive, pro-active and experienced individual to take on this challenging and rewarding role. You need to be an excellent communicator who builds rapport easily and creates positive working relationships with ease. Our ideal candidate will bring:
- Tertiary qualification, preferably health related degree
- Knowledge and understanding of the health and social sector generally
- Knowledge and understanding of population health
- Understanding the philosophy of, and need for iwi and cross sector engagement, and of the social investment arena
- Understands and applies Te Ao Māori frameworks to service review and design
- Understands and applies organisational principles of targeted service delivery and reducing inequities for Māori
- Understanding of strategic development and planning
- Effective written and, oral communication
- Knowledge of maternal and child health services
- Proven ability to prioritise
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work unsupervised and as a team member
- Ability to access and use computer-based tools and resources
- Experience in project management
If this sounds like you and you enjoy working in an environment that is busy, sometimes pressured and often ambiguous then we’d love to hear from you!
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to:
- Occupational Health Assessment
- Police Vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Hauora Tairawhiti DHB you will be required to be fully vaccinated as a health care worker. If you have already been fully vaccinated, you will need to provide proof of this to Occupational Health staff.
Position Description | Mokopuna Ora – SUDI Prevention and Safe-sleep Coordinator
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Hauora Tairawhiti (Gisborne)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.