Senior & Programme Managers - Multiple Opportunities at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Nelson - Marlborough
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Roles available Nationwide
- Leadership & Strategic focus
- Salary, 5 weeks' leave, benefits & career defining projects
Your contribution today plays a vital role in where Aotearoa is heading tomorrow. Bring your Programme & Project Management skills to an organisation that has people at its heart.
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Construction & Innovation - The Construction and Innovation Group supports Kāinga Ora to grow its public and supported housing portfolio through the design and development of high quality homes that meet the needs of the community now and in the future, and by driving innovation across the construction sector. The group also advises on standards for quality homes, provides planning and logistical support in the rehousing of tenants affected by construction and provides construction pipeline scheduling and reporting.
Due to a number of exciting strategic initiatives and BAU programmes we are in a growth phase and require a number of highly experienced Programme Mangers and Senior Programme Managers across the country.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Roles
We have a number of permanent and fixed term opportunities across the country in the following areas:
- New build high rise and apartment complexes
- Retro fit and remediation of existing housing stock
- Sustainable development projects
- Small scale & singular residential new builds
- Large scale and complex housing developments
- Innovative development projects such as Off Site Manufacturing
These work streams are a mixture of BAU and new initiatives in response to government mandates for housing, the needs of our tenants and our goal of working more sustainability for the benefit of New Zealand.
As a Programme or Senior Programme Manager you will;
- Provide leadership and management of entire programme of works or work stream within
- Procure, lead and manage processes to fulfil early works agreements
- Proactively drive the programme to achieve the business outcomes
- Provide strategic direction and guidance
- Contribute to the development of future planned highly complex programmes
- Mentor and lead Project Managers as defined in the programme
Whatever your expertise, we want your contribution and passion. Together we can deliver quality, affordable housing, and a better standard of living through innovative design and building solutions.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
- Significant and substantial experience managing multiple, complex projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability in preparing comprehensive and robust project plans which identify project risks and mitigation strategies
- A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience
- A recognised Project Management qualification
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and in plain language
- Computer literate in MS suite of products, particularly Word, Excel, Visio and MS Project
- A genuine affiliation to the work and values of our organisation
When applying you will be asked to select your expertise, location, salary and so forth. For more information contact Viki on 021378495.
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and be directed to our site click on apply now or go to http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.email@example.com
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Location:||Nelson - Marlborough|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Programme-Manager---CI---Sept-2021---PD--1- (1).pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.