Consultant Psychiatrist, Te Waharoa 0.7 FTE at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Tairāwhiti, Gisborne
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
In Maori history, Tane one of the most strategic Atua, was chosen to ascend the heavens to attain the 3 kete of knowledge. These kete contained the wisdom, knowledge, and practices that we would need to navigate our journeys within our world. Without these, choice, uniqueness, and beliefs would be removed. Whiro, Tane’s brother, also wanted possession of these kete for his own gain, to be in possession of all knowledge which allows him to sit in a position of secrecy and power. Although Whiro challenged Tane at every point on this journey, Tane had the support of the whanau and wider community which enabled his success.
In association with Te Whatu Ora Tairawhiti and Te Kupenga Net Trust we are looking for a .7FTE Psychiatrist. We are particularly interested in a person that is willing to explore many ways of working with whanau in distress, willing to approach health from and within a Kaupapa Maori methodology. Are you that person - Tane the explorer, Tane who considers many pathways, Tane te wananga?
Te Whatu Ora Tairawhiti and Te Kupenga Net Trust have been working consistently over the past four years to provide a very community driven service that works deliberately and differently to normal western approaches. To date this has been exceptionally successful. Here at Te Kupenga Net Trust, we believe in whanau leading recovery, whanau voice drives the process and engagement, and whanau consultation is an expectation at every level of our organisation.
If you think you are the right person, you will need to have the following:
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatry or equivalent
- Registered or eligible for vocational registration in Psychiatry with the Medical Council of New Zealand
Broad Skills and Knowledge:
- Broad clinical experience
- Specialist knowledge and broad clinical experience of Mental Health for Older People and General Adult psychiatry
- The ability to work professionally and effectively as part of a community and whanau
- Commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Commitment to Equity and Mana Motuhake
- Must have Cultural Literacy
- Must have a current New Zealand driver’s license.
- Must be courageous
- Must have at least 3 years experience
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Tairāwhiti|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.