Kai Manaaki Operations Manager at Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: COVID Vaccination, Testing, and Isolation Sites, Waikato Region
The details: Several newly created, roles. Fixed Term Contract (30 June 2022), 40 hours per week (1 FTE). Part time will be considered for the right applicants.
“Amohia ake te ora o te iwi, ka puta ki te wheiao.”
“To protect the wellbeing of our people is paramount”
Kiingi Tuheitia Pootatau Te Wherowhero Te Tuawhitu
We are seeking an experienced people leader who has a strong understanding of tikanga, te ao Maaori, and Waikato DHB’s obligations under Te Tiriti o Waitangi to manage our Kai Manaaki across the COVID-19 programme.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about addressing health inequities, barriers to access, and supporting whaanau to services.
Fluency in te reo is preferred, but a commitment to learning, enthusiasm for delivering for Maaori, and high level of cultural competency are most important.
• Experienced managing people in a complex and changing environment with multiple priorities.
• Strong influencer and able to drive postive performance and outcomes.
• Passionate about following process and policy but highly adaptable and able to meet changing demands.
• Strong understanding health inequities and dedication to our obligations under Te Tiriti o Waitangi
• An exacting attention to detail
• A strong customer service drive
• An understanding of a healthcare environment
• A proactive approach and willingness to take on new tasks or challenges.
• The ability to effectively manage conflicting demands on your time and make decisions in pressure situations.
• A strong understanding of the entire Microsoft Office suite.
• The ability to positively influence others and drive performance and outcomes
• Experience working with and understanding data for improvement purposes
• Values and celebrates diversity
• Qualification and/or experience in management, public policy, tikanga, or similar
• Proven customer service
• Proven management/leadership experience
• Proven communication skills, written and verbal
• Knowledge in computer systems and software at least to intermediate level
• Strong organisational skills
• Understanding of health inequities and dedication to our obligations under Te Tiriti o Waitangi
• Proven competence with Microsoft Office Suite / data entry / typing
• Experience in a customer focussed role / organisation
• Desirable to have had previous experience with health information systems
• Demonstrated ability with written and oral communication
• Ability to follow processes, and be logical and systematic
The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
Waikato District Health Board provides health services in the Waikato region to a combined population of over 400,000 people, and tertiary-level services to the midland region, with a population of over 840,000. Our people are fundamental to our success; we have a diverse workforce of over 7,000 employees who directly reflect the diversity in our communities, providing care and support to more than 100,000 patients each year. The Hospital & Community Services directorate is currently undergoing significant transformation as we transition to a new organisational structure and realign our services to positively impact patient outcomes.
Please apply directly online. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any queries about the role please contact Adela.Knottenbelt@waikatodhb.health.nz
Click here to view the Position Description
Application closing date: 16 December 2021
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton)|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.