General Manager, COVID-19 Response at Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera), Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
Permanent, Full time
- Newly created role to lead the Taranaki DHB COVID-19 Response
- Exciting opportunity to implement and lead great health strategy and government policy for the community of Taranaki
Te Ahu / Our Values:
- Whanaungatanga / Partnership
We work together to achieve our goals.
- Manawanui /Courage
We have the courage to do what is right.
- Mana Motuhake / Empowerment
We support each other to make the best decisions.
- Mahakitanga/ People matter
We value each other, our patients and whānau.
- Manaakitanga / Safety
We provide excellent service in a safe and trusted environment.
An exciting opportunity exists for a pivotal senior leader reporting to the Chief Executive and as a key member of the Executive Management Team.
The General Manager, COVID-19 Response will:
- Provide leadership, direction and overall accountability for the Covid-19 System Response at Taranaki District Health Board (TDHB);
- Ensure the expectations set by the Minister of Health in relation to the Covid-19 response are met; and that
- TDHB strive towards the DHB vision of Taranaki Together a Healthy Community – Taranaki Whanui He Rohe Oranga.
Working closely with the executive, clinical and community leaders you will to ensure response strategies and goals meet the assessed needs of the community and region.
The General Manager, COVID-19 Response will provide leadership that will harnesses the energy, commitment and creativity of all teams involved to build to provide responsive competent services of the highest quality.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Act as the Ministry, DHB and community single point to contact for Covid19;
- Establish, Lead and monitor the Response, Recovery, Readiness and Reduction Plan
- Establish a system for monitoring financial aspects of all involved programmes
- Develops excellent multidisciplinary team’s and networks to ensure the delivery of a quality service and programmes
- Develop and maintain strong and effective relationships with all external and internal stakeholders at both governance and management levels
To be successful the ideal applicant needs to have:
- A tertiary qualification in health-related areas;
- 5 years’ experience in specific health profession and management;
- A proven leadership / management record in at a senior level preferably in a large organisation
- An understanding of both the District Health Board and Public Sector Environments specifically relating to Covid-19 Response Programmes
The DHB is a major employer in the area of skilled clinical and non-clinical support staff responsible for the provision of hospital and specialist services, as well as planning and funding health services for the people of Taranaki.
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work. Home » Taranaki, New Zealand
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation (2,2aabb00 staff) operating in the exciting, changing Health sector. Careers (tdhb.org.nz)
Click here to view the position description.
To make an application please click on “Apply Online” from within this advertisement.
Preliminary confidential phone enquiries can be made to Joanie Sims, General Manager –People & Capability, 027 333 381
The closing date for applications is 3rd December 2021.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.