Supervisor at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Supervisor Social Worker- Hauraki Site
Do you want to make a positive impact on the lives of tamariki, rangatahi and whānau? Do you have the leadership, mentoring and supervisory skills to support a team of both experienced and growing social work practitioners? We have a great permanent opportunity for an experienced Supervisor who is ready to take the next step in their career.
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
We are committed to putting children first, we believe aroha is vital, we respect the mana of people, we are tika and pono, we value whakapapa and we recognise that oranga is a journey.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
this role is to supervise a youth rangatahi team of social workers working with behaviourally challenged youth and our older tamariki who remain within the care of Oranga Tamariki.
Identify the professional development needs of your team and ensure they are supported to grow their capability and practice depth. Manage workflow and ensure that the right decisions are made in a timely manner.
Ensure that everything you do reflects the values of Oranga Tamariki and professional practice is aligned with our Practice Standards.
Partner and collaborate with peer supervisors on site including the wider leadership team, understanding the importance of your role in the wider operational setting. You are a leader of practice and people.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Key requirements of the role include:
- A full, clean, valid driver's licence
- Full registration with New Zealand's Social Work Registration Board (SWRB)
- Previous people management and/or mentoring experience is essential
- An ability to build and lead an effective team and be a team player
- A proactive approach that places the needs of tamariki front and centre in all decisions and actions.
- Empathy, resilience and patience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage competing demands and
- Knowledge of the principals and purposes of the Oranga Tamariki Act 1989
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
- A salary range between $103,785 - $125,800
- Flexible work opportunities and full compensation for any overtime hours worked
- A team who enjoy working hard and having fun
- A rewarding career where you will work in a values-based role which is truly making a difference
- Regular supervision, training and career development opportunities
- Colleagues who are committed to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice
- Practical experience to coach and mentor staff
- Access to a generous Southern Cross health plan and banking package with Westpac
- Rewarding and challenging work that truly makes a difference to the community
- Opportunities to work alongside various cultural groups, build your network and strengthen community relationships
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Cover Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address.
For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs.
At Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children, our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our kaimahi and the tamariki and whānau we support. We have strict health & safety measures to keep our people safe and as part of this role you will be required to be fully vaccinates against COVID-19, or intend to be prior to starting with us. We may also ask you to undertake COVID-19 tests during your employment.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact email@example.com
Applications close: Monday 29th November 2021
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Supervisor Social Worker - Position Description.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.