Physiotherapist - Cardiorespiratory and Surgical Team at Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch), Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent, full time role (40hrs per week)
- Registration with the NZ Physiotherapy Board and an Annual Practicing Certificate is essential
- A great opportunity to develop your leadership skills!
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you re part of
something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health
services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our
primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Here at Christchurch Hospital we re looking for an experienced Physiotherapist to join our Cardiorespiratory and Surgical cluster working in the areas of General Surgery.
In this role you will be coordinating our General
Surgical physiotherapy service to further develop effective and efficient
delivery of care. Your passion for service improvement will see you
contributing to our active projects, like ERAS (Enhanced Recovery After
Surgery) and progressing to a preoperative surgical pathway. This is a great
opportunity to build your leadership skills!
While based in a
10 bed Surgical Progressive Care Unit, your day to day clinical area will
depend on how you coordinate the learning opportunities for the
physiotherapists you work with, whilst ensuring broad service needs are met.
is a permanent, full time opportunity working Monday Friday 0800 1630 +
weekend and oncall.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Undertaking expert assessments, completing appropriate interventions and providing advice or referring to other services;
- Working alongside the Intensive Care Physiotherapists as part of the critical care team and supporting the Cardiothoracic and Vascular ward service delivery;
- Supervising and mentoring rotational staff and final year physiotherapy students;
- Helping to facilitate service improvements;
- Coordinating the General Surgical physiotherapy service.
Your skills will include:
- A broad range of experience, ideally including surgery, respiratory, cardiology and critical care;
- The ability to work collaboratively across the multi-disciplinary team;
- Enthusiastic and confident in sharing your knowledge across your discipline;
- A working knowledge of quality improvement processes;
- Registration with the NZ Physiotherapy Board
and an Annual Practicing Certificate is essential
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Here: Becoming part
of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board,
you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible
working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not
match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our
roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on email@example.com for additional information.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.