Academic Staff Member - Built Environment at The Open Polytechnic of New Zealand, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Tēnā koe. Nau mai ki te Kuratini Tuwhera.
The Kuratini Tuwhera is Aotearoa New Zealand's leading distance and online learning provider. Specialising in taking the learning to our students, our focus is on enabling the success of approximately 30,000 students each year. We are an organisation where you can make a difference.
At the Open Polytechnic we offer a wide range of learning disciplines from Social Work to Business Studies, Construction to Education, Floristry to Information Technology. Students are at the heart of everything we do with our attention on the diverse nature of our learners and the inclusive practice of our staff. Ko te pae tawhiti whāia kia tata. Ko te pae tata whakamaua kia tina
About the role:
We are looking for full-time Academic Staff to join the Built Environment team on a full-time permanent agreement to facilitate learning across several Built Environment courses at Level 5 & 6 on the NZQA Framework. Ideally, you will have taught and/or have extensive knowledge of the New Zealand Diploma of Architectural Technology or equivalent, and/or have a broad knowledge of Construction Management and Quantity Surveying. All these programmes are taught fully online via the Open Polytechnics, Open, Distance, Flexible, Learning (ODFL) modality utilising interactive technology. This role reports to the Programme Delivery Manager.
Ideally, you will be qualified to at least Degree level (or a demonstrable commitment made to complete further qualifications), be culturally responsive to the diverse nature of all tertiary education students and have taught Built Environment Programmes up to Diploma Level study.
In addition to this the following personal qualities are highly desirable:
- Proven experience accommodating the needs of a broad range of students
- High level of personal responsibility
- Established ability to accept change, work within guidelines, be proactively responsive
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills with the ability to work autonomously
- The willingness to learn and apply new technologies in the design and delivery of distance education
You will have a passion for impacting the lives of all students and assisting them achieve their educational goals and aspirations. You will also pride yourself on the quality of your work and have a commitment to reflective practice. You will have skills and experience in:
- A relevant qualification in Built Environment (Architectural Technology; Construction Management; Quantity Surveying). Alternately, a relevant teaching qualification with extensive industry experience in a related field with a notable responsibility for training/coaching.
- A strong sense of cultural intelligence and commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- General understanding, knowledge of and teaching experience at Tertiary or Vocational Education Level; attention should be drawn in your application to your areas of specialization: AT, QS etc
- An Adult & Tertiary Education qualification (Long-term, a commitment to attaining an Adult & Tertiary Education qualification is required)
- Industry insights, knowledge, and professional connections.
The Kuratini Tuwhera is a subsidiary of Te Pūkenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology and has an enviable reputation in the vocational sector with a campus situated in the Hutt Valley. We offer, a modernised working environment, flexible working options, free education (50% off for whanau), free car parking on campus, subsidised school holiday programmes for your children, free fitness classes, and an on-site café.
We are proud of our kaimahi and value every contribution from all of our people.
If this role sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Applications must be submitted online via our career's website.
We are looking to appoint to the role as soon as possible, so will be shortlisting and interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received.
Noho ora mai. Tēnā koe.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||The Open Polytechnic of New Zealand|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||JD_Academic Staff Member.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.