Manager Ship Technical Systems Assurance at Maritime New Zealand, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Maritime New Zealand is the regulatory compliance and response agency for the safety, security and environmental protection of New Zealand's navigable waters. It helps to develop and maintain the national safety, security and environmental protection regulations that govern the operation of vessels, ports and offshore installations in New Zealand waters.
The Maritime Systems Assurance (MSA) Group provides high quality technical advice and assurance to internal stakeholders regarding international, domestic, maritime, environmental, port and harbour sector issues. MSA also supports certain sector participants, such as maritime pilots and recognised organisations, strategic liaison with sector groups, and assurance to the Director of Maritime NZ that maritime and environmental systems are effective.
Due to organisational growth and change, two new Manager roles have been created in the Maritime Systems Assurance group to help better support it functions more efficiently and effectively. The Ship Technical Systems Assurance Manager, a tier 3 management role based in the Wellington, reports directly to the Deputy Director MSA. It is expected that the tier 3 manager role will spend a majority of their time working 'across' the business rather than 'in' the business.
The main purpose of the role is to lead and manage a dedicated and cohesive team of Principal and Senior Advisors who provide specialist technical maritime advice & assurance to services and outputs; as well as systems design thinking and emerging technologies.
To be successful in this role you will have the following;
- Demonstrated management and leadership experience
- Proven experience leading a team of professional specialist technical staff
- Knowledge of the maritime industry in New Zealand is preferred
- Ability to translate complex technical content into meaningful, appropriate language for decision-makers
- Well-versed in developing and delivering against budgets and programmes of work
- Ability to influence and collaborate across the organisation and with external stakeholders
- Ability to see the bigger picture and bring people along with a vision
- Strong analytical ability, sound judgement and robust decision-making skills
- Strong public sector knowledge and the ability to undertake monitoring and reporting on strategic outcomes and performance indicators
Please review the position description and if you believe you have the skills and experience we are looking for, please apply online via the Maritime NZ Careers Page. You will be required to complete an application form and submit a covering letter and CV.
If you have any questions relating to this role please contact - firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential conversation.
Please note that you must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
This role closes Tuesday 30th at 12pm.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Maritime New Zealand|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Ship Technical Systems Assurance Manager PD.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.