21/739 Senior Advisor Policy and Practices at Department of Internal Affairs, Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Hāpai Hapori / Community Operations
Branch: Kāwai ki ti Iwi / Service Delivery & Operations
Salary: $75,044 - $101,531
Ko tōu rourou, ko tōku rourou, ka ora ai tātou katoa
At the Department of Internal Affairs, we serve and connect people, communities and government to build a safe, prosperous and respected nation. In other words, it s all about helping to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders.
As Senior Advisor Policy and Practice you will be responsible for supporting practice development; programme development and new programme initiatives. This role will have a particular focus on the Hāpai Hapori flagships of Oranga Marae/marae development and community-led development and on new initiatives that build on both of these kaupapa.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Strong understanding of Te Tiriti O Waitangi and Māori Crown relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of hapū led development and Tiriti based practice
- Strong understanding of community-led development practice
- Ability to work with, and develop services for Māori, Pacific peoples and other ethnic communities
- Experience in building capability to improve practice and service delivery
- Excellent written and oral communication, and strong relationship development skills
- Understanding of evaluation and experience in delivering programme/business improvements initiatives
You should also have:
- The ability to plan, organise and manage work effectively to meet multiple deadlines
- The ability to rapidly adapt in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Experience in a grant making practice
- Experience facilitating workshops and hui
DIA offers opportunities to grow. We invest and believe in our people and offer diverse career opportunities to help them succeed.
If you re looking for a new challenge that encourages you to think innovatively to help make a difference to Aotearoa and its people, then Internal Affairs could be the place for you,
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Applications close: 5pm, Wednesday 8 December 2021
For more information please contact: Leora Hirsh, Strategic Programmes and Partnerships Manager, Leora.Hirsh@dia.govt.nz, +64 27 567 9612
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Internal Affairs|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.