Occupational Therapist - Paediatric inpatients at Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: Waikato Hospital – Paediatric Inpatient Wards
The details: Permanent – 40 hours per week
About the service:
The Occupational Therapy team is part of a dynamic and growing Allied Health service.
We currently have an opportunity for a New Zealand Registered Occupational Therapist to join our Acute OT team working within the inpatient paediatric wards, and supporting the surgical OT team.
The Acute Occupational Therapy service provides 7 day services both in surgical wards and the Emergency department to support timely intervention, discharge planning, and admission avoidance.
This position may require shifts that include regular weekend work and may include public holidays.
We are seeking someone with:
• A positive, flexible attitude
• Ability to problem solve, think outside the square
• Proven ability with prioritisation and time management
• Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
• Experience in working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• An interest in service development To be successful in this position you will have:
• Registration with the Occupational therapy Board of New Zealand
• A current annual practicing certificate
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Occupational therapist
• Experience working in a range of inpatient settings
• Desirable: experience working as an OT in paediatric inpatient setting and services
As an organisation, we offer:
• clinical training and professional development opportunities
• regular supervision
• a dynamic clinical setting
• support and in-service training with the wider Allied Health service
• a very supportive working environment
Please click here to view the position description.
The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
If you feel you demonstrate the qualities listed above and are keen to be involved in this exciting service development we welcome your applications.
If you would like to discuss this position prior to applying please contact Katie Park on 021 323 731
Learn more about living in the mighty Waikato click here
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email.
For any queries about the role please contact Elysia.Koretz@waikatodhb.health.nz
Application closing date: 1 December 2021
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.