Occupational Therapist - West Adult Community Mental Health at Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch), Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent opportunity 40 hours per week working within our West Adult Community Mental Health Team
- Work closely with an experienced multidisciplinary team and strengthen your therapy skills within Mental Health
- New Zealand registration with the relevant professional board and current Annual Practicing Certificate is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
The Adult Community Mental Health Service at Hillmorton Hospital provides treatment for people aged 18-65 years who suffer from a wide range of mental disorders. We re looking for an experienced New Zealand Registered Occupational Therapist to join us on a permanent basis within our West Sector Team! Enjoy providing assessment and treatment interventions to our clients of the Adult Community Mental Health Service.
This is an opportunity to work with a skilled and motivated team of multidisciplinary professionals. Working in this position you will provide excellent holistic case management in partnership with the clients, their families/whānau and carers with a strong focus on returning clients to the primary health care sector following specialist input.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- The Case Management portion of the role will consist of the oversight and management of a varying case portfolio;
- Completing assessments of consumers and formulating interventions to meet individual needs in collaboration with our multi-disciplinary team (MDT).
Your skills will include:
- Experience in Case Management in Mental Health is essential;
- The ability to triage and prioritize your patients appropriately in a timely manner is essential;
- Ideally you will be a Duly Authorised Officer who has been trained and signed off as being able facilitate the MHA, or, be willing to undertake this paid four-day DAO training as provided by the Canterbury DHB;
- A minimum of 2 year experience in a mental health setting is preferable;
- A current NZ driver s license is essential;
- New Zealand Registration as an Occupational Therapist with Annual Practicing certificate is essential.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we
Health is ultimately all about people. What s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District
Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible
working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Apply for this position via our online application process. Please note, we only accept applications submitted online. If you d like more information about this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch)|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.