Social Worker - Youth Focused Team at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Social Worker - Youth Focused Team, Porirua- Permanent
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
We are committed to putting children first, we believe aroha is vital, we respect the mana of people, we are tika and pono, we value whakapapa, and we recognise that oranga is a journey.
- Tai Poutini Mawhera (Greymouth) based, covering the entire and beautiful West Coast - full-time/permanent.
- A strong focus on ensuring the well-being of the children and young people in NZ.
- Join a great team and supportive working environment.
- A commitment to improving outcomes for Maori and a collaborative approach with whānau, Hapu (Ngatiwaewae and Makaawhio) and Iwi.
About us | Mō mātou
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Are you ready to make a difference in your community or have you been thinking lately about a more relaxed lifestyle with a community-focused atmosphere? This could be the opportunity for you. If you would like to take advantage of the outdoors, this is the place to be, the coastline and bush is on your doorstep. As the perfect base, some of the most amazing regional destinations are within a few hours' drive in any direction.
The well-being of tamariki is everyone's responsibility. They deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard and be surrounded by loving whānau and community.
If these words capture why, you became a Social Worker, then you belong on the journey we have begun at Oranga Tamariki. We're looking for a qualified, registered, and experienced Social Worker who wants to make a difference by putting children at the heart of everything they do.
Our team of Care and Protection Social Workers are a tight knit group who work closely together and share our Oranga Tamariki values. We are looking for you to come and help us deliver better outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi. As part of our team, you will spend your day meeting with children and young people, listening to what they have to say, completing assessments, creating plans, participating in Hui-a-Whānau, Family Group Conferences and partnering with other agencies, community groups and Iwi to improve the overall well-being for our tamariki and their whānau.
What's in it for you | Nōu te rourou
- A challenging, fascinating, and gratifying career.
- On-going training and regular supervision.
- A cohesive and supportive team environment.
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work.
- A competitive market salary.
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. Annual remuneration for this position starts between $74,839.35 and $90,714.36 dependant on experience. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
What you will bring | Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu
- A qualification in Social Work recognised by the Social Work Registration Board (SWRB).
- A SWRB registration with a current APC (or working towards gaining registration essential).
- An understanding of working in a Statutory Social Work position
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated resilience, problem solving techniques and flexibility.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Strong PC and Microsoft Office Suite skills with excellent report writing and written communication skills.
- Full current driver licence.
- Be a New Zealand citizen/Permanent Resident or hold a current Working Visa.
If you genuinely care about providing children with the aroha and support, they need early on in life, you'll get immense satisfaction from being able to turn lives around and seeing the difference your work makes to our youngest Kiwis. So, will you join us?
If you have any queries, please contact Joanne Setefano at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply | Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and Cover Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address.
For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs.
Applications close: 01 December 2021
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Social Worker - Position Description 2021.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.