Senior Visits and Events Manager - London at Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade, Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Visits and Events Manager
The New Zealand High Commission in London is recruiting a Senior Visits and Events Manager.
Kōrero mō te tūranga -About the role
This is a senior and demanding role responsible for managing the New Zealand High Commission's high-level visits to the UK, and events organised by the New Zealand High Commission. This position is a unique opportunity to pursue and promote Aotearoa New Zealand's values and interests in the United Kingdom.
Primary responsibilities include the following.
- Managing large and complex visits and events for the High Commission, including visits to the United Kingdom by the New Zealand Governor-General, Prime Minister, Ministers, and senior officials, and coordinating the High Commission's resources and policy input.
- Leading the complex and detailed protocol arrangements for high level meetings and events, including those involving members of the Royal family.
- Managing Anzac Day services in London and commemorative services in regions of the United Kingdom, including delivery of the Anzac Dawn Service, the Wreath-laying Service at the Cenotaph, and the Service at Westminster Abbey.
- Providing advice on events and protocol matters, and support to one-off projects the High Commission is involved in.
- Direct line management of a Visits & Events Support Officer.
This is a locally employed position, with terms and conditions being set in accordance with UK employment regulations. The High Commission does not provide assistance with accommodation or airfares.
Starting salary is likely to be offered at £36,462 per annum, subject to relevant experience.
Mā wai te mahi nei? - Who are we looking for?
The successful applicant should have:
- Demonstrated experience in visits and events management for a Government entity for at least three years.
- Full understanding of New Zealand culture, and sound appreciation of New Zealand interests in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, including ability to prioritise tasks effectively and work under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Mō mātou - About us
Our people represent New Zealand on and offshore, and in doing so make New Zealanders safer and more prosperous. By building connections with and influencing other countries and international institutions, we advance New Zealand's interests and pursue New Zealand's values. We provide advice to the Government on the implications for New Zealand of what is happening in the world.
The High Commission takes a distinctively New Zealand approach, reflecting New Zealand's diversity and heritage. Our values are:
- Impact - We achieve for New Zealand, everyday, everywhere
- Kotahitanga - We draw strength from our diversity
- Courage - We do the right thing
- Manaakitanga - We honour and respect others
Me pēhea te tuku tono - To Apply/Interested?
A position description is available upon request and an application form can be downloaded from the New Zealand High Commission's website at www.nzembassy.com/uk.
To apply please send a CV, completed application form and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Do not apply online by clicking the 'apply' button on this advertisement. Instead please email your application to the address above. Applications that do not come through by email to the above address will not be considered
Applicants must already hold the right to live and work in the United Kingdom, and be able to obtain and maintain a New Zealand security clearance. Use this online tool to self-check your eligibility for a Confidential security clearance. Please note that this tool is not part of the formal security clearance process: http://www.protectivesecurity.govt.nz/eligibility-tool
Applications close at 9pm (NZ time) on Thursday 2nd December 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||LES Vacancy Application Form.doc|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.