Case Leader Residential Services at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Manawatu - Wanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Permanent, Full Time, Palmerston North
Our Youth Justice Residence 'Te Au rere a te Tonga' provides a safe, secure and supportive environment where young people who have offended can make changes and get their lives back on track. In addition to maintaining secure facilities, we aim to help rehabilitate young offenders. Case Leaders understand that the causes of offending are complex, and that successfully dealing with young offenders, demands action beyond simple punitive measures.
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The main responsibility for our Case Leaders is to ensure interventions, programmes and steps are put in place for tamariki and rangatahi. These plans must address a range of different aspects including underlying criminogenic, behavioural, addiction and health (physical and mental) needs to enable a successful transition out of residential care and into employment, a vocational pathway or a stable external environment.
As a Case Leader you will identify and coordinate a multi-disciplinary approach to ensure rangatahi get the support they need 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. This may include leading the programme design and delivery of clinical and therapeutic intervention services, and is a great opportunity to use your knowledge of clinical practice and behavioural therapies to help deliver positive results.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
- An undergraduate degree level qualification in psychology, education, social work, nursing (mental health);
- Knowledge of 'Risks Needs Responsivity' (RNR) and practical applications in writing up care plans for rangatahi.
- Experience working with a multi-agency team
- Able to conduct assessments and write court reports
- Culturally responsive practice and a good understanding of tikanga Māori
- Competency in clinical practice and working with adolescents
- Good understanding of the practical application of a range of different ecological and behavioural models
- Full and clean driver's licence
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
- The potential to change lives in a challenging yet rewarding environment
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Oranga Tamariki employment benefits including discounts on Southern Cross and Westpac insurances
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Applications close: 2 December 2021
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online by clicking "Apply Now" please include your CV and cover letter.
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee, please register or log in using your Oranga Tamariki e-mail address.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our kaimahi and the tamariki and whānau we support. We have strict health & safety measures to keep our people safe and as part of this role, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or intend to be prior to starting with us. We may also ask you to undertake COVID-19 tests during your employment.
Oranga Tamariki is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role. We also support flexible working arrangements.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Location:||Manawatu - Wanganui|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Case Leader Residential Services - Position Description.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.