Senior Manager - Statistical Change and Assurance at Statistics NZ, Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō mātou |About Us
As New Zealand's national statistics office, Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ is uniquely positioned to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGO's and New Zealanders make every day. Our structure, culture and systems are designed with collaboration and customers in mind - mobilised and working together to realise our ambition: About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa - data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Mō te tūnga | The role
This role is permanent, based in either Christchurch or Wellington.
In your role as Senior Manager - Statistical Change and Assurance you will be accountable for leading a business unit within the Statistical Change and Assurance Branch. You work closely with the leadership of Insights and Statistics and our partners across the organisation. You will lead your team to deliver statistical change coordination and priority setting, statistical change optimisation, quality assurance and technical capability development. Included in this scope is customer value measurement, statistical related policies and guidance, and investment proposals and governance. Many of these focus areas are foundational elements that support delivery of Stats NZ's strategic priorities.
Starting salary: $155,950 - $183,471 negotiable
Mōu | About you
This role will have a close working relationship with Strategic Comms and the Office of the Chief Executive. Although we are not looking for a specific background or set of experience's we are looking for someone;
- With a strong set of people leadership skills and the ability to lead through others, including a coaching, empowering, and inclusive approach
- Who is a great team player, takes on board the advice of those around them and supports and coaches others to do the same
- Who is proactive and can deliver great results under pressure
- Whom has a growth mindset - developing yourself, as well as your team
- With knowledge/familiarity with, or a commitment to learn/understand, te ao Māori
- Experienced in building relationships and with great communication skills to build trust and rapport with your team, peers, customers, and stakeholders
You will be joining an inclusive environment where people, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion or background are supported to be able to do their best work. This includes:
- Opportunity to develop and grow your career
- Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments
- An environment that's safe, where you can be yourself
- Exciting and meaningful work that makes a difference to Aotearoa
- City based offices that cater to a variety of working styles and needs
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
If the above matches your skills and experience, don't delay, apply via our career site now.
Any questions that haven't been answered in this advert or the position description or if you have difficulty with your application please email email@example.com.
We will be screening applications as we receive them in order to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes on Friday the 3rd of December but may be removed earlier. You may be asked to complete pre-interview screen.
Check out our careers site to find out more about Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, see our careers site for our process.
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand to apply for this job.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Senior Manager PD - October 2021.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.