Kaitohu Matua Whenua Māori a Rohe - Senior Advisor Whenua at Te Puni Kōkiri - Ministry of Māori Development, Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Kaitohu Matua Whenua Māori a Rohe - Senior Advisor Whenua Māori
Location - This position can be based in the Waikato-Waiariki
Te Puni Kōkiri (Ministry of Māori Development) is a government agency that works across government and with communities to achieve our vision of Thriving Whānau.
The wellbeing of whānau, hapū and iwi is central to the future wellbeing of Aotearoa. The very broad role of Te Puni Kōkiri, our access to information and ability to make connections, make us ideally placed to spark innovation.
We influence the work of others by bringing Māori voices to decision makers and we invest in innovative initiatives that build the capacity and readiness of whānau and Māori communities.
To achieve this, we engage with whānau, hapū and iwi, and other cross-agencies within other public sector agencies.
Te Mahi Aronga | Position purpose
Whenua Māori Services takes a culturally grounded, holistic, and strengths-based approach to achieving whānau aspirations through whenua. It puts the wants, needs and aspirations of whānau at the centre of decision-making and processes and supports them to achieve their aspirations.
The Senior Advisor role will be based in the Waikato-Waiariki office but report centrally to the Team Leader Whenua Māori Services. The successful candidate must be able to work out of either the Hamilton, Whakatane, or Tauranga office.
The Senior Advisor will engage with and provide quality brokering advice, coaching and services. The Senior Advisor will connect with partner organisations who will provide specialist assistance and advice and enable whānau success.
In particular the Senior Advisor will:
- Actively manage, communicate with and engage a portfolio of land owners
- Develop strategies for governance and land development
- Build strong relationships with iwi, hapu and whānau
- Build strong relationships with local agencies and providers
- Build trust so that land owners want to use our services and seek us out
- Assess capability across the maturity curve, monitor and report on progress or barriers
- Support brokerage of feasibility assessments
- Connect land owners with specialist support, resources or information
- Actively seek information from the National Whenua Māori Knowledge Hub team to inform land owner advice and outcomes using tools like the Land Summary Report, Whenua Plans and Maturity Assessment Tool.
Hei aha koe | About you
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- An ability to identify, build and actively manage relationships, valuing diverse perspectives and experiences.
- Comfort in working in a tikanga / kaupapa Māori environment
- Uses conversational Te Reo Māori including pronunciation, vocabulary, and structure.
- Excellent communication skills and strong critical reasoning.
- Proven experience working in either a public or private sector environment
- Experience in working with whānau, hapu, Iwi, Māori landowners and communities
- Demonstrate effective use of project management disciplines to support work
- A willingness and ability to travel regularly across the designated Te Puni Kōkiri region.
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- The ability to identify and manage risks and issues.
- A clean full motor vehicle driver's licence.
What you will get
A diverse and rewarding working environment full of passionate people focussed on discovering solutions that will assist in serving our communities.
We are guided by our values of excellence, valuing people and relationships, working collectively and being creative and innovative.
There is more to life than just work and we encourage our staff to maintain the right balance between work and personal pursuits. We recognise that a healthy workforce is a productive one so we're committed to providing opportunities and incentives for our employees to look after themselves, including:
- Optical allowance
- Hauora allowance
- Te Reo Māori proficiency allowance
- Provide enhanced parental leave provisions and childcare allowances.
To view a copy of the job description please visit our careers website:
Applications close: Sunday 5th December 2021 at 11:55pm
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Puni Kōkiri - Ministry of Māori Development|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||JD Senior Advisor Whenua Waikato Waiariki.docx|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.