Compliance Officers & Senior Compliance Officers at Environmental Protection Authority, Auckland - Auckland;Auckland - Auckland and Hamilton;Auckland - Auckland Central;Canterbury - Christchurch;Waikato - Hamilton;Wellington - Hutt Valley;Wellington - Kapiti;Wellington - Masterton;Wellington - Porirua;Wellington - Tawa;Wellington - Upper Hutt;Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Make history with us
At the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) our kaupapa is about making the right decisions to protect people and the environment. We are objective and independent in the work we do. The decisions we make are based on evidence, mātauranga, and science. As New Zealand’s environmental regulator, the work we do today helps shape the future.
Our Compliance, Monitoring and Enforcement (CME) group is looking for Senior Compliance Officers and Compliance Officers to join the team, during a time of growth and exciting new challenges.
Our compliance, monitoring and investigations teams support the delivery of our CME functions by ensuring best regulatory practice is exercised in the delivery of our multi-disciplinary functions.
You will be required to carry out a range of CME activities including investigation into non-compliance and identify appropriate outcomes that mitigate risk to people and the environment.
Effective leadership is a key requirement in the senior role to ensure the effective sharing of your knowledge and expertise, whilst embracing organisational values and behaviors.
The roles available within these teams are diverse and offer great opportunities for growth, development and warranting across multiple legislation.
What we can offer you
All positions are based in our central city offices, located in the heart of the city on Lambton Quay. Alternatively, if you live elsewhere in New Zealand, we are open to flexible and remote working.
Some of the benefits of working with us include a flexible working environment, additional leave (on top of the standard legislative requirements), free flu vaccinations and subsidised eye tests. We also offer our employees on-site Māori language lessons and regular workshops to develop staff understanding and appreciation of Te Ao Māori; talks on a variety of topics from fascinating speakers; and a range of clubs and groups.
We are seeking self-motivated people who are keen to make a difference to the lives of New Zealanders.
We are looking for people who can bring some or all of the following skills:
- Comprehensive experience in regulatory compliance and enforcement, ideally within local or central government
- Experience of applying legislation to unique and dynamic situations to identify breaches
- Proven record of evidence collection and management to recognised evidential sufficiency standards
- Experience of regulatory practices and responding to incidents, complaints and enquiries
- An understanding of the methods and techniques for the assessment and management of risk and assessing effects in a regulatory environment
- Demonstrates good judgement and strong reasoning skills that can be justified
- Demonstrates a high level of written communication skills with the ability to produce clear, concise and well-reasoned documents
For the Senior Compliance Officers, in conjunction with the above we are looking for the following experience:
- Experience within a multi-jurisdictional regulatory environment
- Experience leading complex investigations and proven ability to take enforcement action
- Proven experience of mentoring and developing others in regulatory practice
For a copy of the job description and where to apply, please check out the careers section of our website at www.epa.govt.nz/careers or click ' apply' to be taken directly to our website.
For further information contact Sheena Paku, Recruitment Advisor email@example.com
Applications close Thursday, 2 December 2021
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Environmental Protection Authority|
|Location:||Auckland - Auckland;Auckland - Auckland and Hamilton;Auckland - Auckland Central;Canterbury - Christchurch;Waikato - Hamilton;Wellington - Hutt Valley;Wellington - Kapiti;Wellington - Masterton;Wellington - Porirua;Wellington - Tawa;Wellington - Upper Hutt;Wellington|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.