Registered Nurse - Cardiac Cath Lab at Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: Cardiac Catheterisation Laboratory, Waikato Hospital
The details: Part time and casual positions available
Are you a registered nurse looking for a challenge? Bring your care and commitment to our Cardiac Cath Lab team!
About the service:
Waikato hospital is a tertiary referral centre for the Waikato district, with our multidisciplinary team providing a wide range of cardiac diagnostic and interventional procedures including angioplasty, pacing, electrophysiology studies and structural heart disease, while providing 24 hour cover for PAMI’s.
Alongside four labs, we have a 14 bed unit that provides pre and post procedure care to our patients from the hours of 0700-1900 hours, Monday to Friday.
About the role:
You will have the opportunity to care for patients undergoing a variety of cardiac diagnostic and interventional procedures in a fast paced and technical environment. The successful applicants will be solution focused and offer critical thinking abilities. The role will involve work across all areas within the Cath Lab.
• Have a minimum of two years post registration experience within a New Zealand hospital/acute care setting;
• Previous experience within a Cardiology or Cardiac Cath Lab setting would be advantageous, although orientation will be supported;
• Have the ability to work effectively in a fast paced and technical environment;
• Have excellent communication skills and a solution focused attitude;
• If applying for a casual role - Be flexible in your work hours and be able to work as and when required. Availability and flexibility to work at least one day per week preferred;
• Eligible to work in New Zealand, with current NZ Registration and Annual Practicing Certificate.
Please indicate if you are applying for a casual or part time position and your preferred FTE in your cover letter.
The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
The Waikato District Health Board (DHB) is one of the largest of 20 DHBs in New Zealand. We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, and click here to review the position description. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any queries about the role please contact Rex Valenzuela in the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: 8 December 2021
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect – Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton)|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.