Team Leader Business Analysis at Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: Waikato Hospital, Hamilton - Reporting to Director Intelligence and Insights
The details: Permanent, 40 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen to make a real difference to the provision of healthcare in the Waikato and to help shape the future strategy of the DHB.
The Analyst Team Leader leads a team of data analysts who transform and interpret complex data into the information the Waikato DHB need. In addition to the usual development and maintenance of regular reporting the analyst team are a key component in many high profile projects across the region, including production of data modelling for COVID-19 resilience planning.
This role will support and develop the analyst team, help draft business cases, strategy and policy documentation in addition to working closely with all areas of the business.
The successful candidate will have:
• Leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
• Excellent communication skills with the confidence to operate effectively at all levels of the organisation
• Ability to understand analytical requirements, understand the true questions being asked and how data can be used to answer them
• Ability to translate business requirements into technical specification
• Excellent relationship management skills
• Adept at coaching/mentoring
• Great technical skills – notably SQL, Excel, Qlik Sense and Power BI
• Ability to create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
Whilst not essential, it would be an advantage to have:
• Knowledge of the health care data landscape, including the purchasing framework
• Experience in analysis and reporting of health care data
The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
The Waikato District Health Board (DHB) is one of the largest of 20 DHBs in New Zealand.
We plan, fund and provide health and disability support services to a population of more than 400,000. We run five hospitals across the district – a tertiary hospital in Hamilton, a secondary hospital in Thames, and three rural hospitals in Te Kuiti, Taumarunui, and Tokoroa.
Waikato Hospital in Hamilton is one of New Zealand’s largest tertiary, teaching hospitals with over 600 inpatient beds and 22 operating theatres. Clinical specialities include Women’s and Children Services, Cardiology / Cardiothoracic Surgery, Oncology and Haematology, Surgical services, and Mental Health and Addiction. Waikato Hospital is the Midland regional referral centre for multiple specialties including trauma surgery, oncology, and neurology.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, and click here to review the position description. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any specific queries about the role, please contact Rachael Devey in the Recruitment Team on email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application closing date: 12 December 2021
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.