Senior Recruitment Adviser at Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Use innovative approaches & new tech to deliver great recruitment outcomes
- Manage a variety of interesting internal and external resourcing projects for roles based in NZ and across the globe
- Hybrid work from home/work from office and flexible hours negotiable.
Join us and help us to embed and utilise our new SAP Success Factors HRIS which will revolutionise how MFAT recruits, manages and develops talent
Kōrero mō te tūranga -About the role
We have ambitious recruitment plans in 2022 - a growing team, a new operating model and the implementation of a new SAP Success Factors recruitment system - so this is the perfect time to join us.
As a Recruitment Adviser or Senior Recruitment Adviser within our Global Careers team, you will join a dedicated and supportive group of talented professionals who are developing new approaches to internal rotational workforce resourcing, implementing leading edge talent identification strategies and using innovative approaches to attract, source and pool talent.
This role is a bit different from your average recruitment role because MFAT people regularly rotate our Foreign Policy staff to roles within New Zealand and to our 62 off-shore posts to gain the broad foundation of experience required to successfully represent New Zealand on the world stage.
This means your career in the Global Careers Team could see you doing things like:
- External recruitment of highly skilled specialist roles such as IT, HR, Legal, Communications, Finance, Administration and even Economists
- Leading the process for internal staff to take up international postings
- Identifying development opportunities to grow NZ's diplomats for the future
- Helping to resource people internally to respond to events such as hurricanes in the pacific or to provide relief to MFAT people on offshore postings
- Helping to manage our highly sought after graduate recruitment programme
- Educating our hiring managers on new ways of recruiting using our new SAP Success Factors recruitment module, and
- Being an active member of our collaborative and supportive team, getting involved in cross HR projects and activities
Regardless of what you end up doing though - it will never be boring and you'll get to join a fun team with a collaborative and inclusive culture.
We the timing of recruitment for this role is close to the end of the year. We intend to interview mid December and verbally offer the successful candidate before Xmas for a 2022 start date.
The appointment range for our senior recruitment adviser role is $95,555 to $129,218 total remuneration including employer contribution to kiwisaver - negotiable depending on experience. Please also see our current Adviser level vacancy.
Mā wai te mahi nei? - Who are we looking for?
We will be keen to hear from you if you already have a recruitment background and are looking for your next career move.
What's most important to us, however, is that you can hit the ground running and have energy, initiative and ideas to innovate and deliver our evolving recruitment processes.
In addition you will be someone who is motivated by building collaborative connections with your hiring managers, your team, and with candidates and have a natural desire to add value with your work.
In particular we would like to hear about your:
- Solid recruitment experience - either internal or agency, across a range of different role
- Competence designing and delivering recruitment solutions and initiatives such as employer branding, talent attraction, sourcing, recruitment, selection, assessment, and candidate care
- Knowledge and experience of best practice recruitment and ability to help educate and advise people leaders
- Ability to self-manage and deliver in a constantly changing environment with multiple priorities
- Proficiency using recruitment tools such as LinkedIn Recruiter and SAP Success Factors experience is an advantage
- An interest and commitment to helping create a more diverse and inclusive workplace
- Competency in te reo and tikanga Māori will be an advantage- however there are opportunities for you to develop these skills at MFAT.
Ngā hua o te mahi i te Manatū Aorere - Why MFAT?
We are committed to a focus on leadership, talent, training and development, and flexible work options. Check out our benefits page to find out more about why we love working here.
We are also working to grow the diversity of our workforce and the inclusive nature of our workplace. Click on our diversity and inclusion page to find out more.
Mō mātou - About us
Our people represent New Zealand on and offshore, and in doing so make New Zealanders safer and more prosperous. By building connections with and influencing other countries and international institutions, we advance New Zealand's interests and pursue New Zealand's values. We provide advice to the Government on the implications for New Zealand of what is happening in the world.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - To Apply/Interested?
Apply today with your CV and cover letter.
Please indicate on your cover letter which level role you are interested in being considered for.
You must be a NZ Citizen or NZ Permanent Resident and able to obtain and maintain an appropriate NZ Government Security clearance.
Use this online tool to self-check your eligibility for a confidential security clearance. Please note that this tool is not part of the formal security clearance process:
Applications close at 9pm on Sunday 6 December
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||PD_PEP_Senior Resourcing Adviser_GLC.docx|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.