Casual Registered Nurse | Chatham Islands at Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch), Chatham Islands
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Our Purpose: What We re Here For
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you re part of something very special. We re world leaders in the delivery of integrated health care, and we re always striving to Make It Better. From the carers on the front line working directly with patients and communities, to our talented support teams who enable that care, we plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region and on the Chatham Islands.
Our Culture: What Matters To Us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
We re all about putting people at the heart of everything we do.
- Care and respect for others. Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do. Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes. Te Takohanga i ngā hua.
For us to continue putting our communities at the centre of our health system, we re putting our own people at the centre of everything we do. Because health is ultimately all about people. What s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility that all our people take for delivering outcomes, and that we go about our work with integrity in all we do.
The Role: What This Opportunity s All About
This is a casual role based in the Chatham Islands.
- Chatham Islands Health Centre, we provide health care to the community and also to the visiting tourists who flock to indulge in the outdoors, conservation protected areas, new and preserved cultural and heritage landmarks
- You will be part of a small, yet close-knit team of nine, living in and serving a small rural community
- You will have the opportunity to be trained in phlebotomy x-rays and working as the first responders to accidents and injuries and triaging accordingly, PRIME training will be provided
- Adhere to guidelines of Cultural Safety and the Treaty of Waitangi
- NZ Registered Nurse with current APC
- Whakawhanaungatanga (ability to forge and foster relationships)
- Whakamanaakitanga (ability to treat others with respect, encouragement and support)
- Whakakotahitanga (ability to work in your role and actively participate and align this to our organisational values and goals)
Belonging Here: Becoming Part Of Our Story
Our people enjoy access to a fantastic benefits scheme, flexible working arrangements and a genuine and ongoing focus on career development.
If this role is something that sounds exciting to you, please apply now!
E koekoe te tūi, e ketekete te kākā, e kūkū te kereru!
It takes all people!
How to Apply
Apply online, click the "Apply Now" button below to send us your CV and covering letter today.
Or to find out more information, please contact Sally Lanauze, Nurse Manager at the Chatham Islands Health Centre
03 3050 035 or
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated againstCovid-19. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission ofCovid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch)|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.