Biomedical Technician at Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: Biomedical Engineering Department – Waikato Hospital
The details: Permanent Full-Time and Fixed term roles available.
We are currently seeking Biomedical/Electronics Technicians to join our expanding Biomedical Engineering Department.
About the role:
This is a fantastic opportunity for electronics technicians looking for a new challenge and to advance their career within the health sector. The successful applicants will be responsible for the service, maintenance, calibration and repair of multiple medical devices throughout the Waikato District Health Board.
This is a full time role based in the Biomedical Engineering Workshop at Waikato Hospital but extend to the rural hospitals and community within the Waikato District Health Board.
Ongoing training and support will be provided within a tight team of highly skilled technicians.
Responsibilities of the role:
• Excellent phone/customer service manner.
• The ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
• Technical training, OEM, Diploma/Bachelor or Trade Based certification.
• Must hold a full valid driver’s licence and be comfortable driving both manual and automatic vehicles.
• Must be adaptable, resourceful, and have proven skills in diagnosing and troubleshooting technical electronic issues.
• Must possess a limited electrical registration with EWRB, Electrical Appliance Serviceperson qualification as a minimum.
• Experience with a wide range of medical equipment as well as strong IT/networking skills would be advantageous.
• Advantageous to have renal dialysis maintenance or service experience.
• Eligibility to work in New Zealand.
The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
The Waikato District Health Board (DHB) is one of the largest of 20 DHBs in New Zealand.
We plan, fund and provide health and disability support services to a population of more than 400,000. We run five hospitals across the district – a tertiary hospital in Hamilton, a secondary hospital in Thames, and three rural hospitals in Te Kuiti, Taumarunui, and Tokoroa.
Waikato Hospital in Hamilton is one of New Zealand’s largest tertiary, teaching hospitals with over 600 inpatient beds and 22 operating theatres. Clinical specialities include Women’s and Children Services, Cardiology / Cardiothoracic Surgery, Oncology and Haematology, Surgical services, and Mental Health and Addiction. Waikato Hospital is the Midland regional referral centre for multiple specialties including trauma surgery, oncology, and neurology.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email.
For any queries about the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here to view the position description.
Application closing date: 10 December 2021
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.