Charge Nurse Manager - Cardiology Day Unit / Cath Lab at Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch), Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent full time position
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic nursing leader to join our medical cluster and lead the Cardiology Day Unit/Cath Lab nursing team.
We currently have two cath labs and planning is underway to expand the service which will include a third cath lab and changes in our models of care.
We are looking for a collaborative senior nurse with strong interpersonal skills, innovative thinking, the ability to problem solve and respond in this fast-paced environment.
The Role: Where you fit in
- As a Senior Nurse you will have recent cardiology or medical experience and proven leadership skills supporting daily operational activity and patient flow
- Your expert communication, interpersonal skills and proven ability to engage people at all levels will see you work effectively and efficiently with a diverse group of teams to lead your team to provide advanced clinical care and nursing expertise to the patients and their families/whanau.
- By utilising your advanced knowledge and clinical skills in collaboration with nursing and medical staff, the multidisciplinary team and other external agencies you will contribute to the development and maintenance of high quality evidenced based patient care whilst also contributing to and developing, appropriate nursing standards and quality initiatives.
- You are able to problem solve and manage complex situations as they arise, redistributing nursing resources to ensure the optimal patient experience while supporting clinical delivery. Your sound interpersonal skills and impeccable management of complex situations enable you to work alongside a variety of clinicians to ensure care is delivered as required.
- You have a comprehensive understanding of competency in nursing and can work alongside individuals to support professional development.
- Experience in relevant management and/or leadership roles with the ability to influence decision making and change.
- Interpersonal skills and building relationships.
- Strategic thinking and promoting interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Familiar with operational and financial management.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office suite and other relevant software.
- NZ Registered Nurse with a current Annual Practising Certificate and hold a relevant Post Graduate qualification.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
For additional information about this role please contact Steph Keene, Recruitment Specialist on firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch)|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.