Dual Diagnosis Clinician / Alcohol & Other Drugs Professional at West Coast District Health Board (Greymouth/Westport), Greymouth
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Full time permanent position based in Central and Buller areas
- NZ registered health practitioner with current Annual Practising Certificate, from either a Nursing, Social Work or Occupational Therapy background.
- Specific experience within an Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) service or similar is preferred
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you ll do with your time
- Manage a case load of AOD and OST clients, particularly those with long-term complex needs, including for their mental health.
- Provides client-centred care, utilising contemporary evidence-based treatment strategies
- Support and encourage clients through their recovery journey
- Undertake all components of case management, including: comprehensive assessment, risk assessment and management, as well as recovery, wellness and treatment planning.
- Work across the mental health and addiction spectrum, providing care that is integrated with our community mental health teams.
We are looking for a Registered Health professional with either a Nursing or Allied Health background, who has the clinical skills required to assist people with current or ongoing mental health and addiction problems, and to maintain their place in the community. This role will be working within the community and within our model of care that includes integration with specialist mental health and primary care.
Our Rata Alcohol and Other Drugs Service (AOD) provides comprehensive assessment and treatment interventions for individuals experiencing substance addiction. You will be encouraged to develop your skills in delivering advanced, focussed, evidence-based treatments and harm reduction models. We would also ideally consider candidates with experience in the use of the Matrix programme, or who are willing to train as programme facilitators.
We are looking for someone with the following traits
- Excellent communication & relationship building skills
- Flexibility to work autonomously as well as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Understanding and application of the principles of the treaty of Waitangi, with a culturally safe and appropriate approach to practice
- A strong understanding of Māori health inequity and Māori population need
This isn t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements, four weeks free accommodation when you start and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
What s Next
Please apply online via our careers website or to for further questions, please contact: Tracey Sutherland
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||West Coast District Health Board (Greymouth/Westport)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.